Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2012, 00:09   #1
Senior Member+

A Royal Triumph

It could well go down as one of the Google Page Ranking highlights of the Queen's 60 year reign.

Her 'appearance' in the Olympic Stadium via parachute with James Bond was as unexpected as it was inspired.

A lovely moment which I suspect may have needed some persuasion from her grandsons.

But a complete triumph in keeping with the mood of the night.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2012, 00:13   #2
God Member

Re: A Royal Triumph

Was surprised myself -quite out of character and it worked up to a point!

Loved her outfit, though she looked and sounded less than inspired when she did her bit at the official opening. Mind you at 86 she probably wanted to be watching the whole thing from her boudoir while drinking a cup of horlicks!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 08:44   #3
Resting in Peace

Ya but where did Mr Bond disappear too after the arrival was he just disguised as Phil the Greek
Old 28-07-2012, 09:57   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You've already told us that you didn't think Mick's request applied to your post. So presumably you would've ignored it regardless. Just keep all yer Olympic junk out of here in future.
I'm quite happy for Mick to move this whole thread into the General Sport section, if his intention is that EVERYTHING Olympic related is General Sport. He's the moderator and sets the rules.

And if the Queen parachutes into any of the Olympic venues in the next 17 days, I'll know to mention it in General Sport.

Old 29-07-2012, 19:54   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I'm quite happy for Mick to move this whole thread into the General Sport section, if his intention is that EVERYTHING Olympic related is General Sport. He's the moderator and sets the rules.

And if the Queen parachutes into any of the Olympic venues in the next 17 days, I'll know to mention it in General Sport.

Do you really believe that the Queen jumped out of a helicopter?

It was a stuntman.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 20:00   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

It was a stuntman.
Old 30-07-2012, 08:18   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:

It was a stuntman.
Ya don't say, doh
Old 30-07-2012, 08:44   #8
Senior Member+

You spoilt my day kestrel, course it was the Queen, she will do owt to get on telly. Next thing you will tell us that Father Christmas doesn't exist.
Old 30-07-2012, 10:24   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
You spoilt my day kestrel, course it was the Queen, she will do owt to get on telly. Next thing you will tell us that Father Christmas doesn't exist.
Of course he exist's but in these day's of frugality if your parents are on benefits he comes down the chimney and leaves an I.O.U.
However the kid's are getting wise to this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 00:35   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

It would be funny if they'd had a permanant character pretending to be the Queen - and as your watching events suddenly this figure like the queen comes running, swimming or cycling along trying to get in on the action. Anybody a whizz with video editing - could edit footage maybe and insert this in.
Old 31-07-2012, 09:04   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:

It would be funny if they'd had a permanant character pretending to be the Queen - and as your watching events suddenly this figure like the queen comes running, swimming or cycling along trying to get in on the action. Anybody a whizz with video editing - could edit footage maybe and insert this in.
There are people who make a lot of money doing just that
Old 31-07-2012, 09:06   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There are people who make a lot of money doing just that
No doubt some TV show like the Impressions Show will nick my idea and feature a new character doing just this!
Old 31-07-2012, 09:16   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No doubt some TV show like the Impressions Show will nick my idea and feature a new character doing just this!
Doubt it its old hat now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..