Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 21:47   #1
Senior Member+

Accrington Cricket Club

Accy have done the double !
Worsley Cup and the Lancashire League Champions!
This has only been done 20 times before in the Leagues history and only once before by Accy. {1975**
We play Lowerhouse at Accy tomorrow ( weather permiting) but it's all over bar the presentation !
The very lovely David Lloyd turned up at the club tonight and bought juggingtons for the team,** he was chuffed to bits and very emotional** He has said he wil be back tomorrow for team photos !
David Ormerod@s Barmy Army !
Old 06-09-2008, 21:50   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Accrington Cricket Club

well chuffed fer em. last year was dire fer em, what a turn a round, good to hear selwyn had his hand in is pocket.
Old 06-09-2008, 22:48   #3
Junior Member+

Lets hope hyndburnbc gives them a good do like accrington stanley i we do my best to get it for them well done
hyndburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 23:39   #4
God Member

What an amazing turnaround from last year.....a mighty well done to them all, i know a certain neighbour of mine will be very chuffed and very drunk tonight (congrats rod)
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 22:43   #5
Junior Member+

Many congratulations to all concerned.

Its about 50 years since I turned out briefly (and ineffectively!) for the 3rd eleven, its a long time since I lived in Accrington, but I have always followed the fortunes of both Stanley and the Cricket Club.

This really is great news!

And very many thanks to David Lloyd who is always so very proud of being an Accrington lad.
exaccyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07   #6
Full Member+

Well done Accy, fantastic achievement to win the double after trauma of the last few years. Congratulations to the players, management and coaching and backroom staff. Keep the ball rolling and same again next season!!
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10   #7
God Member

congrats to everyone involved at accy cricket club on a fantastic achievement

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 16:12   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Accy have done the double !
Worsley Cup and the Lancashire League Champions!
This has only been done 20 times before in the Leagues history and only once before by Accy. {1975**
We play Lowerhouse at Accy tomorrow ( weather permiting) but it's all over bar the presentation !
The very lovely David Lloyd turned up at the club tonight and bought juggingtons for the team,** he was chuffed to bits and very emotional** He has said he wil be back tomorrow for team photos !
David Ormerod@s Barmy Army !
It's the first time in Accy's history that they have done the double.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 17:56   #9
Senior Member+

I stand corrected Jeff, erroneous info !
Old 08-09-2008, 22:10   #10
Senior Member+

Well done to all at Accy Cricket Club. The feel good factor will come back to the town one way or another, if not Stanley then the Cricketers. Congratulations once again

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 19:41   #11
Senior Member+

You can vote for your player of the year on the Accrington Cricket Club website now, and we have a funday this sunday at the ground !
Old 12-09-2008, 09:55   #12
Full Member+

Great gesture by Stanley to invite the cricket club to this saturday's game against Notts County, and a presentation at HT. Hope they can take up the offer and wallow in some glory. It was a fantastic achievement, well done once again
Old 12-09-2008, 11:34   #13
K-P

Accy CC are preading the trophies at stanley on saturday
Old 12-09-2008, 12:00   #14
Full Member+

Try reading the thread K-P
Old 12-09-2008, 16:49   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
You can vote for your player of the year on the Accrington Cricket Club website now, and we have a funday this sunday at the ground !
Good pick in the Obs this morning linds, was it Brother and Daddy, don't know much about A.C.C. more of an Ossy Immanuel and Church man myself, but after the last few years the turnaround has been phenomenal to say the least. Well done

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..