Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2009, 19:34   #1
I am Band

Thumbs up Accy Cricket Club capture England star.

Peter Martin, the former fast bowler for Lancashire & England, will be the paid man for Accrington tomorrow, playing in the Colne Trophy, against Todmorden.

Accrington's professional for the 2009 season is the returning Roy Silva, from Sri Lanka. Unfortunately he isn't returning as soon as expected due to visa procurement. Hence the need for a stand-in paid man.

Accy's captain, the legend that is David Ormerod, has worked very hard to secure a quality signing for the season opener.

I have watched "Digger Martin" playing for Lancashire many times. He formed a formidable new ball partnership with Ian Austin. Not many times was he taken to the cleaners by the opposition batsmen, taking over a thousand wickets at Test Match, County Championship and One Day level.

With Digger Martin opening the bowling, probably alongside Jimmy Hayhust, Dibber Ormerod might have to relegate himself to first change bowler.

Come on down to Accrington Cricket Club tomorrow, to see Peter Martin, who was born in the town, tie the opposition down to a low score. I'm predicting an Accy win, knowing the quality of pro' that we've managed to enlist.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2009, 19:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accy Cricket Club capture England star.

It's looking like a very enjoyable day, let's hope the rain doesn't spoil the party! Still, it doesn't rain in the bar!
I will be there, with my usual cricket kit, extra clothes, suntan lotion, brolly, sunglasses, hayfever pills, you just never know!
Old 24-04-2009, 19:58   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whats the admission price linds? if its fine may have a trot up.
Old 24-04-2009, 20:35   #4
Senior Member+

Not too sure Cashy ,as it's a Cup game , won't be any more than £4 I wouldn't think, cheaper for kids and OAPs. Get on down !
Old 24-04-2009, 21:35   #5
Super Moderator

Oi, Lindsay, don't make it sound too appealing to him, he might never come back to us!
Old 24-04-2009, 22:44   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Oi, Lindsay, don't make it sound too appealing to him, he might never come back to us!
not to worry mate, i'll be back when all this crap is put to bed.
Old 25-04-2009, 11:36   #7
I am Band

Thumbs down Peter Martin gives back-word.

Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news, but Peter martin will not be Accrington's paid man for the Colne Trophy. All I currently know is that he gave back-word this morning. I'm well disappointed .

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 11:43   #8
God Member

what a disappointment for you all and after what sounds like hard work securing him in the first place!!

Hope you still manage a good cup win though

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 12:08   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Re: Peter Martin gives back-word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news, but Peter martin will not be Accrington's paid man for the Colne Trophy. All I currently know is that he gave back-word this morning. I'm well disappointed .
may have been a wise move sparks? if he'd had a bet on the outcome.
Old 26-04-2009, 23:59   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

who won? had to leave after accys innings, great knock by young graham, enjoyed me afternoon. assume accy stuffed em?
Old 27-04-2009, 08:22   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
who won? had to leave after accys innings, great knock by young graham, enjoyed me afternoon. assume accy stuffed em?
Lost Saturday,Won Sunday. I am sure Graham will be pleased that he is still being referred to as young Graham.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 08:34   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Lost Saturday,Won Sunday. I am sure Graham will be pleased that he is still being referred to as young Graham.
cheers bernard. he's young to me, was at school wi his dad.
Old 27-04-2009, 11:21   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cheers bernard. he's young to me, was at school wi his dad.
Nout but a mere slip of a lad cashy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..