Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 17:49   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry Can't stand cheats

Never thought I'd see this in this day and age, but I was watching the Windies play Pakistan today and an incident had me shaking my head. Pakistan were batting and the batsman nicked one to the keeper low down, there was much celebrating until the square leg umpire stepped in and asked for a replay, the replay clearly showed him dropping the ball yet he picked it up a claimed a catch, luckily he was caught, but what price sportsmanship, its something you never see these days in test cricket if you ever did in the first place, I hope he feels guilty now that he knows the world knows he's a cheat
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2013, 18:24   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Can't stand cheats

Stuff like that is not Sportsmanship its as low as yeh can get to me.
Old 07-06-2013, 18:32   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Stuff like that is not Sportsmanship its as low as you can get to me.
The thing is cashy I actually saw this and couldn't believe it, it wasn't as if it was iffy whether it carried or not, it showed the ball roll three or four inches away from the gloves and he picked it up and carried on celebrating with the team
Old 07-06-2013, 18:50   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Name @ Shame.
Old 07-06-2013, 19:14   #5
God Member

In arab culture lying and cheating is justified in some circumstances - they call it 'Taqiyya'.

The original practice was justified in the Koran, but appears to have widened its scope of use over time.

If you are an 'infidel' you cannot expect the truth all of the time, and the liar feels no moral obligation to tell you the truth.

I don't want to appear racist because differing branches of Islam have different attitudes towards the topic, - don't tar them all with the same brush.

Last edited by MargaretR; 07-06-2013 at 19:19.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:36   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Name @ Shame.
Its the Pakistani Wicket Keeper will try and cop for his name
Old 08-06-2013, 07:41   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Yeh confusing me jay, how could it be the Pakistani Wicket Keeper? yer opening post says Pakistan were batting?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:52   #8
Resting in Peace

Red face Re: Can't stand cheats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ups silly me apologies to the Pakistan Keeper who was actually a West Indian Twas Denesh Ramdin who was the cheat not his Pakistani counter part, looks like I just found out I'm colour blind can't tell green from maroon
Old 10-06-2013, 20:16   #9

West Indies' Denesh Ramdin has been banned for two matches for falsely claiming a catch against Pakistan.

The wicket-keeper celebrated the apparent dismissal of Misbah-ul-Haq during Friday's Champions Trophy contest only for replays to show he had spilled the ball.

Ramdin was subsequently charged by the International Cricket Council, whose match referee Chris Broad has found him guilty of a Level Two breach of its Code of Conduct.

Broad said: "This is regarded as a serious offence as it is the responsibility of all players to act in the spirit of the game.

"I hope Mr Ramdin has learnt his lesson from this incident and that we will not see such behaviour by him or any player in the future."

Ramdin, who pleaded not guilty, has also been fined his entire match fee and has 24 hours to lodge an appeal.

West indies are due to continue their Champions Trophy campaign against India on Tuesday.

ICC
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 20:30   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In arab culture lying and cheating is justified in some circumstances - they call it 'Taqiyya'.

The original practice was justified in the Koran, but appears to have widened its scope of use over time.

If you are an 'infidel' you cannot expect the truth all of the time, and the liar feels no moral obligation to tell you the truth.

I don't want to appear racist because differing branches of Islam have different attitudes towards the topic, - don't tar them all with the same brush.
How are we expected to know the difference in these branches.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 22:59   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
How are we expected to know the difference in these branches.
If it matters to you you could websearch.

I suppose they don't know the difference between a catholic and a Mormon.

On the safe side just doubt them all, because they might lie to mislead you if you asked which they were.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:30   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If it matters to you you could websearch.

I suppose they don't know the difference between a catholic and a Mormon.

On the safe side just doubt them all, because they might lie to mislead you if you asked which they were.
Retlaw is probably like me and doesn't give a toss
Old 11-06-2013, 08:32   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman 2003 View Post
West Indies' Denesh Ramdin has been banned for two matches for falsely claiming a catch against Pakistan.

The wicket-keeper celebrated the apparent dismissal of Misbah-ul-Haq during Friday's Champions Trophy contest only for replays to show he had spilled the ball.

Ramdin was subsequently charged by the International Cricket Council, whose match referee Chris Broad has found him guilty of a Level Two breach of its Code of Conduct.

Broad said: "This is regarded as a serious offence as it is the responsibility of all players to act in the spirit of the game.

"I hope Mr Ramdin has learnt his lesson from this incident and that we will not see such behaviour by him or any player in the future."

Ramdin, who pleaded not guilty, has also been fined his entire match fee and has 24 hours to lodge an appeal.

West indies are due to continue their Champions Trophy campaign against India on Tuesday.

ICC
What surprised me was the fact he had the cheek to denied the allegation, especially if he'd seen the TV reply's

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..