Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 13:37   #1
God Member

Cricket 20 20 final

This friday 14th at rishton.. Rishton v Burnley in the final... Weather forecast is good..
Old 11-07-2006, 13:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Cricket 20 20 final

Burnley have got to be favourites for me with the two dangerous openers but 20/20 is a funny game and anything can happen...Final was terrific last season, hope its just as good this season round...
Old 12-07-2006, 20:02   #3

Are you going Kipax?? will be there myself, its pretty entertaining stuff, should be a good night.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 20:54   #4
white rabbits

I think 20/20 is more interesting,,,it keeps the players on their toes...I think the team that bats first have the best chance,,,
Old 12-07-2006, 21:04   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
I think 20/20 is more interesting,,,it keeps the players on their toes...I think the team that bats first have the best chance,,,
Lancashire batted first last night verses Yorkshire and lost.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 21:10   #6
white rabbits

I know,,i think Lancs are doing bad without Flintoff and Anderson..
Old 12-07-2006, 21:14   #7
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
I know,,i think Lancs are doing bad without Flintoff and Anderson..
Flintoff has played in the last two 20/20 games.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 12-07-2006, 23:56   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
Are you going Kipax?? will be there myself, its pretty entertaining stuff, should be a good night.
Blimey WINGY I thought you had dissapeared to a land far far away.... yep will be taking pics.. come say hello ........ unless yer not supposed to be there ?
Old 14-07-2006, 20:46   #9
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Cricket 20 20 final

CONGRATULATIONS TO RISHTON!

After a keenly contested game, Rishton emerged victorious.

I'll post a match report tomorrow, when the beer subsides. ...

...The beer has subsided.
Here is part of a match report that you can read on Nigel Stockley's excellent, up to the minute website, Lancashireleague.com

Rishton ended Burnley's dreams of a treble by winning the 20/20 Cup for the first time before the biggest crowd at Blackburn Road for five years.
Home skipper Peter Sleep elected to bat on a beautiful summer evening. Professional Lachlan Stevens put his disastrous debut seven days ago behind him to record his first half century in Rishton colours as his side made 143-6. The left handed Stevens hit seven fours and a six in making 57 from 53 balls, adding 56 with John Cordingley (21) and 75 for the 2nd wicket with Sleep, who hit 45 from 30 balls with five boundaries and a six before both men fell to Jonathon Harvey in successive balls. At 131-1, a total of 160 plus looked likely, but wickets tumbled with Harvey picking up 4-20 to restrict Rishton to an uncomfortable 143-6.

For the remainder of this report look here: http://www.lancashireleague.com/Seas...20/2020reports

If you are a fan of local league cricket, this website is excellent. I've had it pasted into my "favourites" for a couple of years now, since stumbling across it. It allows me to keep in touch with all things Lancashire League whilst working away from home. I just hope I can reach it when stuck in a gulag in Siberia, near Novosibirsk.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 15-07-2006 at 16:23.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 11:07   #10
God Member

Pics now on my website
Sparky.. ya didnt come say hello
Old 15-07-2006, 11:22   #11

I was keeping an eye open Kipax but didn't see you.. only stayed for an hour or so though, and had to keep 1 eye on my littlee one for fear of her getting in the way as per usual!

People work for money!
Old 15-07-2006, 11:32   #12

Just to add, some excellent action shots there mate, well done as always. I think i could embarrass my mate a liitle with some of them though. He's W.K. for Rishton and he's pulling some mighty funny faces on some of them pics

People work for money!
Old 15-07-2006, 11:55   #13
I am Band

Talking Re: Cricket 20 20 final

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Pics now on my website
Sparky.. ya didnt come say hello
Soz, Mr K, Sir.
In my defence, I can say that at the time, I wasn't aware that you would be at the game last night.
If I had known, I would have gurned & posed for a few photos.

Excellent photos, by the way.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 14:42   #14
Accy Red

Good pics Kipax and well done to Rishton, if you fancy more cricket Accrington are playing at Haslingden tomorrow (Sunday) should be a good game.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..