Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 17:31   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134waterst View Post
the frustration for most clubs is that there are so many youngsters coming to practice nights , and there are no facilities . At Acc it would be fantastic to have permanent nets (all weather) , but , this, of course, costs shackles . Cricket clubs are great for the community and for teaching young people values . Catch em young , make it fun and in time, the league would be much stronger.
I dream on , but if all works out in the future , we could have a facility to be proud of .....
You and me both, fingers and everything else crossed!

Jaysay, ACC use the facilities at Accrington Academy for indoor nets.
Old 07-03-2011, 19:45   #32
I am Band

Talking about collections... there is one chap at Accy CC who always develops a severe incontinence problem & disappears to the bogs when the collection box does the rounds.

Rumour has it that he keeps a mouse trap ready set, in his pocket, to act as a grim reminder should his digits stray towards the cash.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 20:10   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I prefer 50 overs but it's not putting bums on seats and as our knowledgeable friend from Water Street () says , we need to attract people back, and we no longer have the draw of a Viv Richards/Roger Harper/Shane Warne , I would welcome any change that pulls the people in, the problem is the League don't do change!

Warne came at roughly 21 years of age. He hadn't made his Australia debut. So you can't really place him with Viv Richards. He is exactly the same as the like of Nash, Hauritz, Rudolph, Simmons (Whom Enfield nearly signed this season). Amatuer wise look at Anderson now playing for England. The likes of Barker at Warickshire.

This season is sure to be exciting doubt be knocking your local rivals your Accrington fans
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
Talking about collections... there is one chap at Accy CC who always develops a severe incontinence problem & disappears to the bogs when the collection box does the rounds.

Rumour has it that he keeps a mouse trap ready set, in his pocket, to act as a grim reminder should his digits stray towards the cash.
I think it must be the same chap who does exactly the same when its his round at the bar too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..