Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 11:52   #1

fell running?????? help please

hi all
as hameldon hill race is on the horizon, i have been conned in to doing it!!!! does anyone know how to get up there? lol i got to the underpass on the coppice then i saw a farm house and a field! does anyone know which way it is?

also any other muddy hills i cant half kill myself on? lol

cheers

Nev
nevvy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2009, 12:19   #2

Re: fell running?????? help please

also all tips will be welcome! for training

cheers

Nev
Old 08-03-2009, 14:13   #3
Senior Member+

Here we go;

Peel Park up the path and around to the car park of the coppice park.
Up the side of the coppice - steepish
Along the coppice to the back and then follow downwards towards haslingden direction
Through the underpass and up by the farm keep ahead until you enter the trees.
Pass the stile and up the rugged farmland until you reach the bottom of moleside moor hill.
Along moleside until you reach the wall/path along the ' kings highway'
Turn right once you reach the path and follow around a sharp bend then a little further you reach a junction of gates.
Take the left one and follow up alongside the former caligen foam res and gamblers gaves.
A little while after go though the still at the bottom of hambledon hill and follow towards the highest point ' trig point' and return.

another route you could try is;

up Burnley Rd - under the bypass, immediate right, follow that road uphill steeply to top, follow the main path in front of you - the old "Kings Highway" past Gamblers Caves,

Brings you out near the McDonalds at the top of Manchester Rd nr Winfields, then a nice jog/walk back down Manchester Rd into Acc - or go behind Hollands pies and join the old railway track back into Accrington - Thanks to MickMc for that.

Also im thinking of running the senior race for the first time this year.

Last edited by Nickelson; 08-03-2009 at 14:17.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 14:10   #4

cheers pal thats a big help
top man

cheers
Nev

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..