Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2012, 13:32   #1

Fishing Around Accrington

Hello

I have been living in accrington for about 5 years now, after spending a week on a narrow boat with my dad and my family we started to do a bit of fishing, my kids loved it and I wanted to know are there any good fishing spots around accrington, I dont drive so it really needs to be nearby.

I went into a fishing tackle shop in accy along abbey street and the guys in there was very helpful and said that there are a few places which are now free to fish.

I really don't know much about the surroundings around accrington, he said there was a few places to fish for free one of them was the reservoir at asda, the lodges on the coppice, he also named a few more but I cant remember.

The thing is I cant find any information about these places on the net especially the lodges on the coppice, I have been there many times with my kids for walk and what not, and as its not far from where I live it, so it would be a great place to fish.

The guy in the tackle shop in abbey st, he said they are no longer run by the HBAA along with a few others aswell including the one by ASDA.

Does anyone know the name of these lodges and any information like what fish are in there and any other useful information.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2012, 21:03   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Fishing Around Accrington

The lodges up the Coppice are known as the Slate Pits. They were as you say waters on Hyndburn and Blackburn A.A books.
There were a good variety of Coarse fish in them. But the club may have netted them so as to whats in now dont know for sure.
Regarding the lodge next to Asda that is Hagg Reservoir. The fishing rights belong to Accrington Anglers. There is an Annual membership fee. Licences can be obtained from the Angling and Darts centre on Abbey Street.
There is some good fishing to be had from Leeds/Liverpool canal.
Remember also to fish anywhere you need an Environmental Agency rod licence which can be purchased fron any Post Office.
Hope this information helps you.
Tight Lines.
Greenwellies Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 22:39   #3

Re: Fishing Around Accrington

thanks for the information I will have a go at the slate pits with my kids at some point, The guy I spoke to about the slate pits he was from the accrington fishing and darts shop, he thinks there is fish in there so let hope
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..