Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2008, 08:37   #1
God Member

Hillsborough Disaster and Avil and the Chipmunks

OK so I found out today that one of the seens of cheering fans at the into to Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is taken from scenes of the Hillsborough disaster from 1989.

What do you think about this?

I thought it was a bit disrespectful personally even if it wasn't necessarily scenes of those who were in the stand that the deaths occurred.

I know this could've gone into the general chat thread but sporting fans are particularly sensitive about what happened and so I think you'll have particularly strong views about it.

edit: thats meant to say Alvin in the title been up all night and I'm tired

Last edited by blazey; 23-01-2008 at 08:44.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2008, 09:43   #2
God Member

Re: Hillsborough Disaster and Avil and the Chipmunks

there are always silly rumours with regards to films flying about, this may just be hear'say...they reckoned there was a clip in the film 'three men and a little lady' where there was a ghost in the window, i doubt very much that this is the case in either film, it will be a case of chinese whispers, no one would let footage of such a horrible day be shown as part of a film
Old 23-01-2008, 11:44   #3
God Member

Re: Hillsborough Disaster and Avil and the Chipmunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
there are always silly rumours with regards to films flying about, this may just be hear'say...they reckoned there was a clip in the film 'three men and a little lady' where there was a ghost in the window, i doubt very much that this is the case in either film, it will be a case of chinese whispers, no one would let footage of such a horrible day be shown as part of a film
I was told by a person and I'm not sure where he got his information from, but I will look into it and see if there is any truth behind it.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..