Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2008, 16:48   #1
God Member

Iditarod ...last great race , two days to go

Not sure if anyone has any interest but it's two days to go before the start .....heres a link to the official site
The Official Site of the Iditarod® the site will update daily to follow the progress

I've been up there 3 times over the years to watch the start and early progress and believe me its an adventure and the mushers get my vote as the best sportsmen/women in the world .
(Yep, I know i must be slightly nuts , who else would spend vacation time flying up to Alaska and freezing my ass off to watch a dog race at the end of February)

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2008, 16:52   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Iditarod ...last great race , two days to go

well agree wi ya on that mate, California---- Alaska= yer Nuts.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:55   #3
God Member

ok folks ,not sure how many are following the 'last great race' but here's an update link to progress on day 7 the leaders have reached Ruby, 615 miles in, only 497 miles more to go, Iditarod Race Coverage
Old 08-03-2008, 22:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
ok folks ,not sure how many are following the 'last great race' but here's an update link to progress on day 7 the leaders have reached Ruby, 615 miles in, only 497 miles more to go, Iditarod Race Coverage
Seen a previous years race on Discovery Channel, it’s bloody amazing. A real feat of endurance by man and dog. Thanks for the link.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:50   #5
God Member

the leaders are out of Koyuk after taking a shortcut across the frozen sea, less than 123 miles to go , Day 10 update Iditarod Race Coverage
Old 12-03-2008, 18:08   #6
God Member

final report for this year , Mackey was first into Nome in 9 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes and 48 seconds, 1112 miles , 4 time winner Jeff King comes in second
Eye on the Trail » Official Iditarod Race News and Perspectives

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..