Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2009, 00:05   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Is Accy cricket the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
Would you care to qualify any of the above statements?

Does it matter if we won with one ball, or one over, or ten overs to spare? The match statistics show that Accrington CC won the game. That is what matters.

"Screwed without Silva". Really? Please show me where Roy Silva won a single game for Accrington CC, this season.

Congratulations to David Ormerod, Accrington Cricket Club's captain, and all the players, for a masive effort this season. Well done!
IGNORE him hes a student.
Old 14-09-2009, 02:55   #17
Senior Member+

Good to hear Tommy is alive, I,m not sure about the kicking bit though? Played a few games with him for Accy Rangers in the late 60s
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 09:15   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Yes Tommy is still alive and kicking
Where's he living these days Bernie, I ain't seen him for years, used to lean on the bar in accy con in the afternoons in the eigties with him, actually knew Tommy from my days playing over Church
Old 14-09-2009, 13:25   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Where's he living these days Bernie, I ain't seen him for years, used to lean on the bar in accy con in the afternoons in the eigties with him, actually knew Tommy from my days playing over Church
He was living near the Royal Oak in Accrington (can't think of street name). Not sure if he is still there
Old 14-09-2009, 18:36   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
Would you care to qualify any of the above statements?

Does it matter if we won with one ball, or one over, or ten overs to spare? The match statistics show that Accrington CC won the game. That is what matters.

"Screwed without Silva". Really? Please show me where Roy Silva won a single game for Accrington CC, this season.

Congratulations to David Ormerod, Accrington Cricket Club's captain, and all the players, for a masive effort this season. Well done!
Im just correcting someone,

Notice the ?

Go back to sleep

Fool
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 18:50   #21
Senior Member+

Trust me Nickelson, we will be even more of a threat without Roy, next season's pro really means business!
Old 14-09-2009, 18:53   #22
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Im just correcting someone
Humbug website changed.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 14-09-2009 at 19:01.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 20:20   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Trust me Nickelson, we will be even more of a threat without Roy, next season's pro really means business!
Will Driver ?

More intrested in who Enfield (or as you refer to them End of the field) replace Gary Brent with TBH.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 20:06   #24
Senior Member+

Never referred to them as anything I don't recall, and yes it is Will Driver, he is off to Australia this month to play for 6 months in an attempt to be fully match fit and raring to go for us!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:12   #25
Senior Member+

Just seen in the Observer via the net Tommy Lowe passed away. R.I.P. old codger.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..