Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: is it time for hatton to quit?
yes it is. 8 80.00%
no it aint. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 15:41   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Is it time for Hatton to Quit?

watched the hatton fight last night, was totally annihilated, by a great fighter, personally i reckon he should now call it a day, my own reckoning is his lifestyle has caught up with him, been a great fighter n have enjoyed his career, but now i think its time to quit.
Old 03-05-2009, 16:28   #2
God Member

Re: Is it time for Hatton to Quit?

For me it all depends on whether or not he's able to fight again. He took a massive hit.

&, if he's able, it depends on whether he's prepared to adopt a new style (I'm thinking training camp with Apollo Creed stylee) to go after Pacquiao again.

His British Bulldog way won't make him pound-for-pound king.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 17:38   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

only problem i see wi that shaker, its already been tried wi him, seems he will not or cannot adapt to fighting sensibly, if he were young enough i would think theres a chance, but if ya aint learnt at 30?
Old 03-05-2009, 18:14   #4
God Member

Its not a case of him changing or his lifestyle being an issue. Now adays you can fight a fellow boxer twice and he will box differently each time. Its about strengths and weaknesses, tactics endurence fitnes frame of mind now not just how hard you can land a shot on your opponents jaw. A fighter needs to be able to go the full twelve rounds as well as in like a rocket and to fight as subtley as as a wisp of wind through a field of corn. Hattons biggest problem is his ego and superiority attitude to fighters that are from less well developed countries. He may have all the best training gear but he has lost that one instinct a fighter needs ie that of the caveman.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 18:45   #5
God Member

when I saw Hatton at the weigh-in he looked very slim..he must have lost at least a stone for this fight and I reckon it made him weak...I don't think he can fight at that weight again.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 22:06   #6
God Member

never believed the hype hes good in britain because there is a shortage of world class boxers in britain because sky have killed it off by forcing box office just as they nearly did with cricket..i wonder if the customers got value for money just like the amir khan fight..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03   #7
God Member

I think Hatton should retire, it was obvious he isnt up to the very best, he was outclassed, it is sad to see things like this, I agree with cmonstanley regarding sky too.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17   #8

Was a foregone conclusion......Hatton was well out classed, shame everyone except him knew it. Time for him to call it a day.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:58   #9
Resting in Peace

If anything that one punch should have made up his mind it is time to quit, you can't keep taking shots like that without doing some permanent damage, its time to call it a day Ricky
Old 12-06-2009, 19:03   #10
God Member

Great fighter, no doubt about that but it's time to quit, same for de la Hoya ... but, there again, George Foreman, mmm ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 03:49   #11
God Member

Don't remember the last time Boxing was shown on regular TV ,anytime there is a big fight its on Pay Per View (complete rip-off in my mind) but for some reason UFC/Cage fighting seems to be very popular with San Francisco audiences
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 11:53   #12

yes i think its time for him to quit i think is time is over.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..