Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2011, 13:29   #1
I am Banned

John Terry charged

Groove is delighted to hear that John Terry is to be charged with a racial public order offence. Hope this repulsive man gets banned for life and is dropped from the England squad.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2011, 14:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: John Terry charged

...and presumably a similar charge will we winging its way to Luiz Suarez. Can't believe Liverpool have leapt to his defence. He admitted what he said and should be sacked.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 18:03   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
...and presumably a similar charge will we winging its way to Luis Suarez. Can't believe Liverpool have leapt to his defence. He admitted what he said and should be sacked.
No he hasn't he's still fighting to clear his name, its funny really they have shown reruns of both the Suarez incident and the Terry incident in the terry vid his mouth was blanked out but it wasn't in the Suarez incident, that alone seems strange to me
Old 21-12-2011, 18:14   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No he hasn't he's still fighting to clear his name,
He's admitted he used the Spanish word "negrito" and is claiming that in Uruguay it doesn't carry the stigma that the "n" word does in English.

A bit like an Englishman in Dubai having sex on the beach, then claiming when he's arrested that, in England, its allowed.
Old 21-12-2011, 18:25   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
He's admitted he used the Spanish word "negrito" and is claiming that in Uruguay it doesn't carry the stigma that the "n" word does in English.

A bit like an Englishman in Dubai having sex on the beach, then claiming when he's arrested that, in England, its allowed.
I think if you were having sex on a beach in England your feet wouldn't touch,
Old 22-12-2011, 04:09   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:

Actually. there are some very important issues involved in the John Terry and Luis Suarez cases. Suarez, on his own admission, used a word that insulted a fellow player on the basis of the colour of his skin. It might be acceptable in Uruguay, but it is not here in the UK, and the FA have to act against him. They must be seen to have zero tolerance of racism, especially in the atmosphere created by the comments of that ridiculous little toad Blatter that racism doesn't exist in football. Liverpool may argue about the harshness of the punishment, but surely they should be supporting the FA's tough stance and undertaking to educate foreign players of the standards expected of anyone wearing the Liverpool badge. After all, we know of the world wide appeal of the Liverpool FC name, and that means supporters of ALL colours and races.

As for Terry, it is hard to find any excuses. He is fully aware of the multi cultural nature of football in the UK, and indeed was born and raised into a society that is stuggling to deal with it. So having been given the important responsibility of being England captain AND an important part of the Chelsea set up, for him to publicly use the language he allegedly did against Anton Ferdinand is nothing short of criminal. Hence the CPS charge.

Last edited by gynn; 22-12-2011 at 04:14.
Old 22-12-2011, 10:59   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
A kiss or even holding hands with someone of the opposite sex can get you banged up in the Isamic states -mind you, holding hands with someone of the same sex is quite normal for Arabs
Old 22-12-2011, 16:52   #8
God Member

What the hell are Liverpool playing at with the Suarez affair?..the player admitted he called Evra a name regarding his colour more than once during the game, was found guilty and got the ban...I can understand them appealing against the ban but the statements being made by the club and Dalglish are ridiculous..they are aimed at dis-crediting the supposed victim .
Suarez t-shirts spark angry response - Football news | MSN Sport UK

Last edited by Mancie; 22-12-2011 at 17:02.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 17:46   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
A kiss or even holding hands with someone of the opposite sex can get you banged up in the Isamic states -mind you, holding hands with someone of the same sex is quite normal for Arabs
Thats why they want to come over here
Old 23-12-2011, 07:31   #10
JFT96

It is interesting to hear all the manc's here calling for justice, I wonder what thy would say if one of their own did something like this?
Just for measure I found this: BBC News - John Barnes blasts Luis Suarez 'witch hunt'

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 11:06   #11
Full Member+

Once again there seems to be rules for one . Not long ago at the World Cup , Wayne Rooney gave a mouthful into the camera as reguards the English fans.OK this may not be racist but it was still very uncalled for and directed at thousands of fans , yet typical he gets away with it. John Terry is being used as a scape goat and that doesn't mean I condone what he has done.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 12:28   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ours did!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 14:01   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is to me whilst aint condoning Terry or Suarez, seems a bit overkill to me, Suarez gets 8 game ban fer this, Yet Rooney got only 3 fer "Thuggery",reduced to a 2 game ban, i know which offence i regard as the worst.
Old 23-12-2011, 17:44   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is to me whilst aint condoning Terry or Suarez, seems a bit overkill to me, Suarez gets 8 game ban fer this, Yet Rooney got only 3 fer "Thuggery",reduced to a 2 game ban, i know which offence i regard as the worst.
Ya but who's Rooneys manager
Old 25-12-2011, 23:30   #15
God Member

Let's not beat about the bush (or the rain forest) Suarez is a dirty orrible scouse aztec poison dart monkey eating bastard..end of
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..