Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2012, 14:43   #1
God Member

John Terry fined and banned.

Terry has been fined £220.000 and banned for 4 matches.

Does this put the FA above the law of the land????????

BBC Sport - John Terry banned and fined by FA over Anton Ferdinand incident

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2012, 15:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: John Terry fined and banned.

Seems that way to me, I don't even like the guy, but think this is ridiculous.
Old 27-09-2012, 16:16   #3
God Member

That's one week's wages for Terry. What's the betting that he will offset that against his Income Tax has a legitimate business expense?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 18:03   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Far as i'm concerned T, its sod all to do with size of Fine or Ban, Its about the F.A. ignoring the law of land decision.
Old 27-09-2012, 19:33   #5

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Far as i'm concerned T, its sod all to do with size of Fine or Ban, Its about the F.A. ignoring the law of land decision.
Probably being a tad pedantic here, but Terry was tried and acquitted under the law, and found guilty of a breach of FA rules of the game which have nothing to do with the law.

Not guilty of an illegal racially aggravated offence, but guilty of abusive language and a reference to race. In his legal defence he admitted to using abusive language and also to using the word black neither of which are inherently illegal but both are still against FA rules.
Old 27-09-2012, 20:16   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Probably being a tad pedantic here, but Terry was tried and acquitted under the law, and found guilty of a breach of FA rules of the game which have nothing to do with the law.

Not guilty of an illegal racially aggravated offence, but guilty of abusive language and a reference to race. In his legal defence he admitted to using abusive language and also to using the word black neither of which are inherently illegal but both are still against FA rules.
Am aware of that fact Guinness, But am also aware that in the Law n also the F.A. it don't work both ways. it damn well should do,but don't.
Old 27-09-2012, 20:28   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Am aware of that fact Guinness, But am also aware that in the Law n also the F.A. it don't work both ways. it damn well should do,but don't.

If they both worked the same way then any player red carded for punching an opponent would be charged in a court of law for assault
Old 27-09-2012, 21:28   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If they both worked the same way then any player red carded for punching an opponent would be charged in a court of law for assault
Which is nout to do wi reference to race @ abusive language.
Old 05-10-2012, 13:16   #9

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

This just won't go away..Ashley Cole may have played his last game for England

Ashley Cole could face action after angry #BUNCHOFTWATS tweet aimed at FA - Football - Sport - Evening Standard

EDIT..even as I was typing this....he's deleted the tweet..too late theres been over 17000 retweets

Last edited by Guinness; 05-10-2012 at 13:18.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 18:01   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
This just won't go away..Ashley Cole may have played his last game for England

Ashley Cole could face action after angry #BUNCHOFTWATS tweet aimed at FA - Football - Sport - Evening Standard

EDIT..even as I was typing this....he's deleted the tweet..too late theres been over 17000 retweets
Just proves what the mental state of footballers really is, maybe if they engaged brain before diving for their mobile, they would stop showing themselves up and having to apologise 10 minutes later
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 18:25   #11
God Member

I actually followed all this in your media. The case was mentioned in the Canadian press ... and the smoke signals from the local rez ... after the captain of the Canadian women's team, Christine Sinclair (and all you guys have to admit that the Canadian girls did great at the Olympics) was given a four match ban by FIFA for stating, quite calmly and without expletives, that the ref in that bs game with the yanks had made up her mind before the game about who was going to win. Those of you who saw the game would probably agree with Sinclair. They pointed out that Terry had received the same ban from the FA for a racial slur. Sheesh. Anyway, now that Terry has been "punished", and Cole fined for telling the truth about the FA, it started me thinking about what would have happened in the NHL. (I hope Jaysay gets to read this; he actually thinks hockey is a violent game). Imagine what would have happened if someone had called this guy what Terry is accused of calling Ferdinand.

George Laraque would have known how to respond to a racial slur. That's how stuff like this should be settled. Soccer players are pampered wimps. I'm fortunate to be able to remember when soccer players behaved like men, and not like spoiled, over-paid brats.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 19:02   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I remember that time also Eric, But everythings advanced these days.
Old 21-10-2012, 19:59   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I'm fortunate to be able to remember when soccer players behaved like men, and not like spoiled, over-paid brats.
They have to behave like that because that's what they are
Old 23-10-2012, 06:21   #14
God Member

This bs is getting out of hand ... don't these guys want to kick a ball around instead of having childish squabbles about whether or not to wear a sonofabitchin' t-shirt? Bottom line is, football is a game ... it's not life; it doesn't mirror life; it's a goddam game. And there are white players, black players, brown players, Asian players, muslim players, Jewish players, gay players etc. And there is racism. And there is homophobia. I know that most of the folks on here whose opinions I respect (and probably most of those whose opinions I disagree with)find racism ugly and irrational, but it is a part of life, unfortunately. But get a little perspective all you football millionaire prima donnas; you play a game ... that's it; bottom line. What you think about racism is about as important as what Miss Universe thinks about the political situation in the Middle East. Ok, some say, "But they are role models." So what. So is Lindsay Lohan And Lady Gag Gag. If the gullible and intellectually challanged want to look up to them, that's their business.

So John Terry let his mouth get ahead of his brain. He is tried in court. He is aquitted. And then those ... mmm what was it that Cole called them ... at the FA decide to pry open the lid of a massive can of worms. It's not football any more ... I don't know what it is; but it ain't football. It's getting a lot like WWE ... the soap-opera posturing is becoming more important than the action.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:57   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well said Eric, my sentiments entirely.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..