Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 17:17   #1
Senior Member+

Lloydy's back again !

Once again gracing our hallowed turf; Mr David Lloyd, former England and Lancs cricketer....you know the score !
Bumble has been selected for the Accrington team ( currently in second place in the Lancs League) in our match against Burnley at Thorneyholme Rd this Saturday !
Come on down!
Bring the family !
It promises to be very entertaining if Accrington's current form is anything to go by !
Starts at 1:15.
Old 11-06-2008, 17:42   #2
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Lloydy's back again !

Count me in.

Lettie & I had a most enjoyable afternoon last Sunday, sampling the hospitality at Church CC. It was a decent score that Accy chased down with an excellent knock of 77 from Roy Silva help by 54 from Graham Lloyd and a gutsy 44 from Matt Wilson who batted with a dislocated finger, sustained whilst carrying out his duties as Bertie Backstop during the Church innings.

I found it amusing to hear some of the Church faithful whinging that Accy only won because they are currently fielding 3 pro's; Roy Silva, Graham Lloyd & Junior. The latter pair have returned home to the club where they started their distinguished careers. Jealous peut-etre?

I'm at my spiritual home, Old Trafford, the previous day for the 20/20 International between England & New Zealand, so I may be a little delicate & avoiding strong sunlight, but I will leave room for a few libations. Can you please organise another barrel of Thwaite's Lancaster Bomber, Linds? The last one went down a treat!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 19:29   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Lloydy's back again !

Will see what I can do !
Old 11-06-2008, 19:49   #4
Senior Member+

Not looking good on the Bomber front; too late for brewery to deliver apparently !
Old 03-07-2008, 16:59   #5
Senior Member+

And he is back again, he is playing for the first eleven in our top of the table clash against Rawtenstall away on Sunday ! It's a must win game and LLoydy has been bigging the club up all week on his blog on Sky and on tv.
Nice one D LLoyd !
Old 04-07-2008, 17:23   #6
Senior Member+

Little Bro David O is on radio lancs between 7 and 8 tonight !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..