Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 11:05   #1

Masters of Martial Arts

Hi everyone,

I thought I would just let you all know about the classes available to adults and children at the Masters of Martial Arts Academy (Jujitsu) in and around Accrington.

See website Masters Of Martial Arts : Go-Shin Kempo Ju-Jitsu for more details.

I joined in 2008 , going to the Great Harwood and Accrington classes. I am really enjoying studying Jujitsu and it is a great tool for self confidence, fitness and self defence. My children joined before I did and it was through them that I came to want to study myself.
The people are great, friendly and classes are fun. There are opportunities to compete in national and international competitions and go on courses that are given by instructors from across the world.
The classes themselves are instructive and supportive. You will learn a set syllabus in order to grade to different belts, so classes are structured and professional. The Sensei's at all classes are highly trained, CRB cleared and love their art immensely. Everyone is helpful, interesting and come from all walks of life. First time students can feel a little intimidated, as you would when you try something new for the first time, but all the other students welcome you straight away and first time nerves soon vanish!!
I believe there are a few free lessons before you decide to join so you can see if Jujitsu is for you.
Have a go - its well worth it.
bekibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2011, 18:33   #2

Re: Masters of Martial Arts

How much does it cost after the free lessons have ended?
pjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 21:35   #3

about thirty pounds a month on direct debit
Old 21-02-2011, 22:18   #4
God Member

Kin ell thats expensive AND direct debit? 2 of my neighbours run mobile martial arts, think i'm gonna have to show them this, they obviously aren't charging enough

Last edited by flashy; 21-02-2011 at 22:21.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 23:10   #5

It does sound expensive, but this association is a member of the British Jujitsu Association and works alongside the UK Sports Council - ie like a plumber being registered Gas Safe. The opportunities here are huge, in terms of what you learn, the things you can achieve and the things you can be part of. I train on a regular basis with certified world champions!!! This summer the United Nations competitions (the equivalent of the Olympics) is taking place in New York and next year we will be going to Italy. You can't compete or train on this level with a mobile martial arts club.
Having the Academy in Accrington, with an eigth dan black belt as the head coach, really puts a small town like Accrington on the map!
Old 21-02-2011, 23:25   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems to me yeh get what yeh pay fer simple as.
Old 22-02-2011, 07:01   #7
God Member

They all have to be registered, Michelle takes the martial arts into schools and out into the community, they used to run a dojo in Blackburn called Nippon Dai, Michelle is 12th dan bb and is actually higher up than her hubby, they also teach kick boxing
Old 22-02-2011, 07:57   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
They all have to be registered, Michelle takes the martial arts into schools and out into the community, they used to run a dojo in Blackburn called Nippon Dai, Michelle is 12th dan bb and is actually higher up than her hubby, they also teach kick boxing
aint knockin em, after all they are earning a crust, but does that not prove me point?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..