Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2017, 18:34   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Six Nations Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
he might have dished it out at half time as well,

No more whisky/whiskey, left; I only partake of it from Christmas day until whenever my chrissy presents are used up. Received four bottles this time,my missus believes I could be an apprentice alcoholic.
never had tullamore dew when i could slurp. its triple distilled aint it? or so i heard. yeh need summat like that to watch Rugby.!! lol
taddy likes this.
Old 27-02-2017, 19:35   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never had tullamore dew when i could slurp. its triple distilled aint it? or so i heard. yeh need summat like that to watch Rugby.!! lol
I use Tullamore Dew as a chaser whilst slurping Hobgoblin,something that has a taste, unlike many who have no taste buds so slurp pints of a drink commonly known as Lager, or even John Smiths smooth, which is so cold that it has virtually no taste at all. Ha Ha, so there
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 19:37   #33

By the way, yes, Tullamore Dew (is), triple distilled.
Regards, Taddy.
Old 27-02-2017, 20:51   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I use Tullamore Dew as a chaser whilst slurping Hobgoblin,something that has a taste, unlike many who have no taste buds so slurp pints of a drink commonly known as Lager, or even John Smiths smooth, which is so cold that it has virtually no taste at all. Ha Ha, so there
Have to say taddy i never drank lager until i lived in spain, not much choice yon,
Old 27-02-2017, 21:06   #35
Full Member+

Have you made yourself a Friend of Laphroaig Dave ? If you send the foil top to the distillery you can become one. They will send you a certificate telling you have a foot of land at the distillery . In their visitors centre there are beautiful wooden book cases with large leather bound books containing all the 'Friends ' names written in lovely writing. If you visit the distillery you get a bottle of whisky as 'Ground Rent' and a guided tour. The Isle of Islay where the distillery is is a lovely island well worth a visit. there are about 7 distillerys on the island.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 21:15   #36
Senior Member+

Played football a couple of times on Islay - an experience, barbed wire fence on the touch line and a couple of kids to throw the ball back up from the beach, but didn't drink Laphroaig (Morange was the favourite tipple in the Army Mess on Benbecula), until a system acceptance test at Plessey, IOW and had a night out at the White Mouse pub. 365 varieties of whisky so I tried Laphroaig there - not to my taste, too smoky, much prefer Morange above all, but each one to his choice.
taddy likes this.
Old 27-02-2017, 21:33   #37
Full Member+

Still think Laphroaig smells like TCP. Black Bottle is blend of all the Islay whiskeys and a favourite of my other halfs. He likes Hanky Bannister too but you can only buy it in the wine shop in Clitheroe and no where else for some reason. Known as hanky panky here.
Old 28-02-2017, 13:53   #38

Rolfe, please see Benbecula post, Yours Taddy
Old 28-02-2017, 16:45   #39
Senior Member+

Whilst I was on Benbecula a sub-aqua club from MOD visited and dived on the wreck of the Politician - Whisky Galore. They recovered quite a number of bottles of whisky from the wreck and donated some to the Mess and various senior officers (I didn't get one :-( ).
Some had oil flecks inside them but some looked OK and one was duly opened and sampled - it was bloody awful and required numerous shots of Morange to get rid of the taste - or at least, I think that was the excuse for a real session.
taddy likes this.
Old 28-02-2017, 17:39   #40

At the start of the six nations I thought that Ireland would be the one we had to beat in order to win the grand slam for a second successive year, I think that we will still do it but the way Scotland are playing this year, with more fire in their belly and belief in their hearts than I have seen for many year's, I will be glad if we win the Calcutta Cup at Twickenham,

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT.
Old 28-02-2017, 18:47   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Have you made yourself a Friend of Laphroaig Dave ?
Aye & I have been for a good few years, we stayed over at the Bunnahabhain Distillery managers house for 2 Summers for a week at a time (04/05) & mighty fine it was too!
Old 01-03-2017, 19:03   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Have you made yourself a Friend of Laphroaig Dave?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye & I have been for a good few years, we stayed over at the Bunnahabhain Distillery managers house for 2 Summers for a week at a time (04/05) & mighty fine it was too!
What it is Rowlf, if its got an alcoholic content, its a good friend of daves.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:25   #43

A win against Scotland today and we retain the Grand slam !
Come on Eddie Jones's boys.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:30   #44
Full Member+

Enjoy the game Taddy and I hope you have a glass of something to celebrate when England win.
Old 11-03-2017, 17:16   #45
Full Member+

Good win Taddy. Calcutta Cup today and the Grand Slam next Saturday against Ireland hopefully. Hope you are celebrating accordingly.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..