Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 19:27   #1
I am Band

Thumbs up We Are the Champions!

Yes, our team. Your team. The team of your town... Accrington, are the Lancashire League Champions 2008!

Ok, admittedly, cricket isn't everyone's bag. But our team has grafted their hearts out and done the double; the Worsley Cup and the League Championship.

I am an officionado of the game of cricket. I love the game. As a life member of Lancashire County Cricket Club, I have witnessed my County team winning comprehensively at Lords, the Home of Cricket. I have watched my country, England, whupp the Aussies in the Ashes Test Matches. I have travelled to the far side of the world to watch the game of cricket. But honestly, nothing has given me so much pride as watching my home town team, Accrington, winning the Lancashire League title today.

From being whipping boys ,to champions in the space of twelve months is something special. A team spirit has evolved; from Matt Wilson & Paul Carroll at the top of the batting order, right down to David Ormerod, who arguably doesn't know which way to hold a bat, (soz, Dibber) at the fag end of our team. We have ground out results when our backs were against the wall.

Our bowlers have delivered when the odds were against us. Everyone has contributed to our league success, over the course of the season. Team spirit helped Accrington win the Lancashire League and Worsley Cup double.

To David Ormerod, and Accrington Cricket Club, I can only say one word: "RESPECT!" You guys earned it!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 06-09-2008 at 19:33. Reason: Why? Because I can. Because I'm allowed to. Because I want to!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2008, 19:48   #2
God Member

Re: We Are the Champions!

well done! looks like there will be a party tomorrow at the cricket club....looks like ian and co behind the bar will be busy....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 21:33   #3
Senior Member+

Re: We Are the Champions!

It's a fantastic end to a brilliant season, this is a club who last year were only a week away from going out of existence. The praise is due to all the lads who have played in the first eleven this year and to the back room and all the folk who help out behind the scenes.
I am massively proud of what the team have achieved and soooo very proud of my lil bro ,Captain Fantastic!
The spirit within the team is brilliant, they are each others best mates, a force to be reckoned with.
Big love to DeeCee and Matty ...........it's been a long time in the wilderness for you guys, you deserve this !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..