Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2010, 10:30   #1
Resting in Peace

3D TV is here

BBC News - Sky set for 3D television launch

Sky TV will launch its first 3D TV Chanel on Oct 1st, any takers
Old 29-07-2010, 11:05   #2

Re: 3D TV is here

Nope! lol x

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 14:19   #3
God Member

saw a demo, was very impressive but wont suit all type of programming.

plus having to sit there with the specs on will be a bit of a ball ache

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 16:51   #4
God Member

Same here, i think its great at the cinema and i`m in the market for a new TV but it won`t be 3D.......i`ll see how it goes, i have`nt jumped on the HD bandwagon yet as its still developing and it has`nt blown me away.............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 17:15   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
saw a demo, was very impressive but wont suit all type of programming.

plus having to sit there with the specs on will be a bit of a ball ache
I do that all ready, Ian plus I might give it a shot as I might not be here when it gets really enbeded
Old 29-07-2010, 18:15   #6

Not yet...not amused that my Sky bill is going up again next month, so thinking of cutting it back - there's way too much rubbish on there!
Old 30-07-2010, 20:56   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
Not yet...not amused that my Sky bill is going up again next month, so thinking of cutting it back - there's way too much rubbish on there!
Don`t get me started on the price of Sky and the crap on there......!!!
Old 31-07-2010, 09:46   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Don`t get me started on the price of Sky and the crap on there......!!!
Sky is what each person makes it pipin, for some one like myself its great, Football Cricket, Films documentaries, I have no chance of getting to live sport or to the cinema, so to me its worth it
Old 31-07-2010, 12:13   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sky is what each person makes it pipin, for some one like myself its great, Football Cricket, Films documentaries, I have no chance of getting to live sport or to the cinema, so to me its worth it
Thats a fair point Jay.............
Old 05-08-2010, 12:47   #10
Senior Member+

il stick to imax in bradford when i want to watch something that is made in 3d
Old 20-09-2012, 19:51   #11
Senior Member+

just about to watch titanic in 3d, have had tv about 18 months, now im lucky if i watch the 3d, once a month now, does anyone else have one, and if so how much/what do you watch?
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 20:38   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
just about to watch titanic in 3d, have had tv about 18 months, now im lucky if i watch the 3d, once a month now, does anyone else have one, and if so how much/what do you watch?
not watching it now, my netwok is playing up, and can't be bothered sorting it at this time, will have to wait

watched ghost of the abyss the other week, in 3d, that was good
Old 20-09-2012, 21:48   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Not got 3D, don't want it, we dumped Sky last year, overpriced crap in our view, understand people who are stuck at home, but as we aint,they can stuff it.
Old 20-09-2012, 21:53   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not got 3D, don't want it, we dumped Sky last year, overpriced crap in our view, understand people who are stuck at home, but as we aint,they can stuff it.
i myself have "dumped sky", i do have virgin, but not movies n sports, i dint watch the sports in 3d anyway,not enough camera angles, watched olympic closing in 3d, and do watch odd film/program, seen most 3d films, just dont watch it as much as i should, th egood thing is, because i dont watch it all the time, when i do i get the "thrill" again of it being in 3d
Old 20-09-2012, 21:54   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
Why subscribe to Sky, when there is a satelite in the same orbit called FreeSat, a good 75% of what you pay for on sky is FREE on FreeSat. The only person in this house who watches sky is faceache, and thats only because she hasn't learnt how to operate the FreeSat zapper, it will take her at lest another 12 months, when we first got a remote controlled tele she would only watch one channel, when I asked what you watchin that rubbish for, "how do you change channel" , took ages for 1,2,3 & 4 to sink in. I record programs for her on FreeSat, then when she wants to watch one I switch on, set the program running, then hide the zapper because as sure as trees grow little apples she'll press the wrong button. Only let her have the zapper once, finished up have to reinstall al the channels

Last edited by Retlaw; 20-09-2012 at 22:00.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..