Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   Alice in wonderland (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/alice-in-wonderland-52209.html)

flashy 11-03-2010 14:20

Alice in wonderland

has anyone been to see it yet? thinking of taking Reece to see it tonight in 3D is it any good?

pipinfort 11-03-2010 14:43

Re: Alice in wonderland

I have`nt been but saw the trailer in 3D when i saw Avatar, the 3D`ness (if the word exists) looked amazing but the film looked pants and got poor reviews too.......if you ain`t seen Avatar yet i`d plump for that instead, like i said i ain`t seen it so i don`t want to do a Tealeaf and slag it off without foundation, its just my opinion.:D

flashy 11-03-2010 15:01

pmsfl, i WAS going to see the 4.50 showing of it and told the child to be home for 3.30....he hasn't emerged yet so he won't be seeing it tonight (he didnt know i was taking him to the flicks) he should do as he's told shouldn't he :D

mumtotwo 11-03-2010 15:39

Hello,
We went to see Alice in wonderland on Saturday and it was ACE :D
Really good effects and great acting.
We only saw it in 2D but still fab !

Bernie xx

flashy 11-03-2010 15:41

cheers Bernie, i'll tell Reece what he's missed out on when he eventually gets home :D

lindsay ormerod 12-03-2010 19:20

Read about 4 reviews and none of them rate it, usually like Tim Burton stuff but think I'll wait for the dvd.

flashy 15-03-2010 19:57

just come back from seeing it and it was BRILLIANT, the 3D was great, it was dark in places but very funny, Matt Lucas plays the 'Tweedles' (Dum and Dee) Johnny Depp plays a great part as the Mad Hatter, Barbara Windsor is funny as the voice of the Dormouse, Stephen fry voices the Cheshire cat, its only a PG but i'd say parts of it are a bit scary for kids under 6

its a must see though, loved it

slinky 15-03-2010 20:40

Oh I soooo wanna see it :rolleyes: Did you goto Accy SHAZ?? How much are the gigs? someone said they are quite expensive to buy at the cinema :confused:

accyman 16-03-2010 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 797507)
Oh I soooo wanna see it :rolleyes: Did you goto Accy SHAZ?? How much are the gigs? someone said they are quite expensive to buy at the cinema :confused:

when i saw avatar at blackburn teh 3d specs were free infact im glad i kept them because i recently got the 3d dvd to watch at home

if they have started charging on yor way out theres a box to dispose of them so just stick yout hands in and grab a few pairs of 3d specs for future films because theres gonna be a lot more of them

flashy 16-03-2010 06:43

Mel they don't charge for the specs, they don't do 3D in Accy either, Blackburn is the closest, it cost £12 in for me and Reece...if your getting any munchies, ask them about the little trays they do, you get a fair bit of popcorn, drink and some sweets for £2.20, we get them everytime we go, and they aren't just for kids

you gotta see it Mel, it really is a good one

katex 16-03-2010 10:14

I'd like to be brave enough to go and see it but always found it a little dark as a child. Hated the scenes with the Queen of Hearts playing croquet with hedgehogs and flamingoes .. made me sad for them. When she shouted "Off with their heads" (although she never did) brought on nightmares of my own. How scary is this scene Flashy ? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif

pipinfort 30-12-2010 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 796081)
like i said i ain`t seen it so i don`t want to do a Tealeaf and slag it off without foundation, its just my opinion.:D

Well, i`m a little behind seeing this one but one of the kids got it for xmas and i must say i thought it was very good which after the reviews and word of mouth surprised me, kept us all quiet for a good couple of hours

flashy 30-12-2010 08:03

everytime Reece makes me a brew now, he threatens to throw the teaspoon at me ....tea TEEEEEEEA, love it, even bought it on dvd

jaysay 30-12-2010 08:53

Its on Sky on New Years Eve and in 3D too

emzy 30-12-2010 14:48

I have got it, I quite like it and the boys have watched it (they are 4) and they enjoy it too, think we have watched it 3 times since xmas :rolleyes: I'd say it isnt as good as it was hyped to be but well worth a watch