Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   Gisburn Advert??? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/gisburn-advert-54714.html)

K.S.H 30-08-2010 19:03

Gisburn Advert???

Have you seen it? the one about Gisburn and Meganes?
What did I think of it? - WTF's all that about, thats what I thought, curiosity got the better of me so I googled it

Renault - The Megane Experiment

wadey 30-08-2010 20:20

Re: Gisburn Advert???

MAYOR Lois Rimmer has invited Renault bosses on a tour of the 'real Ribble Valley' after its advert poking fun at Gisburn.

Renault visited the village last month to film a major advertisement launching its new Magane car.

The advertisements, which have been featured on national television and in the press, compare Gisburn to the village of Menton on the Cote d'Azur.

It contrasts a swimming pool with a puddle; a pair of designer heels with slippers; and a glamorous couple sipping wine in a restaurant with a frumpy couple drinking from a thermos flask on a bench.

As the advertisement campaign unfolds, Menton resident Claude will drive from his home town to Gisburn in a new Renault Megane to see if he can bring some 'joie de vivre' to the Ribble Valley village.

Thanks to the LET

Margaret Pilkington 30-08-2010 20:22

As Michael Winner would say....'Calm down dear, it's only and advert'

wadey 30-08-2010 21:41

Hehe

slinky 30-08-2010 23:38

Yeah I have been waiting to see this add.... Ginger was the one that took that recording and paperwork from dunkenhalgh allllllll the was to London :0)

garinda 31-08-2010 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 841883)
Yeah I have been waiting to see this add.... Ginger was the one that took that recording and paperwork from dunkenhalgh allllllll the was to London :0)

Nice one.

Hope they gave him a good tip.

Ginger doesn't drive a Renault Megane though.

Didn't they trust one of their own cars to make the 200 and odd mile journey?

:p

slinky 31-08-2010 09:52

Dunno Garinda lol... They all stayed at Dunk while he took the recording and paper work all the way to London... Was a nice little earner, and a very quiet customer so I don't think he was to bothered :0)
Been waiting to see it, saw it on telly other night but they had cut alot out ( was just showing the fella asking if it had a tow baaar ) so I didn't make the connection until I saw the clip on here :0) oh well that's Gingers claim to fame hehe

heth 31-08-2010 10:00

Alot of people have apparently complained as they think it does not give a good picture of Gisburn but to be honest it does make me chuckle! :D

grannyclaret 31-08-2010 22:42

:stop: I think Gisburn is a lovely little village,,,it makes out that its an horrible little run down place,,i think it once won the best kept village,,,:stop:

Tealeaf 01-09-2010 12:05

I would not watch any advert for any French product at any time or any where. As regards the 'Megane', that crock of ****e should simply not be allowed on any English road.

garinda 01-09-2010 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 842248)
I would not watch any advert for any French product at any time or any where. As regards the 'Megane', that crock of ****e should simply not be allowed on any English road.

Was it that accident with the French letter, that left you so bitter?

garinda 01-09-2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 842266)
Was it that accident with the French letter, that left you so bitter?

Terrible things, paper cuts.