Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   Coronation Street is Rubbish!? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/coronation-street-is-rubbish-58540.html)

kestrelx 14-07-2011 16:23

Coronation Street is Rubbish!?

Saw this article in the Daily Mirror about Coronation Street...

Coronation Street is being killed says Mike Baldwin actor Johnny Briggs - mirror.co.uk

former Corrie Star, Johnny Briggs is slagging the show off saying it's gone down hill.

I stopped watching it when they brought in Michelle Collins so I don't know what has been going on. Fans are saying that it's going they way of Brookside.

What story lines would you like to see? Do you think it's gone wrong?

jaysay 14-07-2011 17:22

Re: Coronation Street is Rubbish!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 918868)
Saw this article in the Daily Mirror about Coronation Street...

Coronation Street is being killed says Mike Baldwin actor Johnny Briggs - mirror.co.uk

former Corrie Star, Johnny Briggs is slagging the show off saying it's gone down hill.

I stopped watching it when they brought in Michelle Collins so I don't know what has been going on. Fans are saying that it's going they way of Brookside.

What story lines would you like to see? Do you think it's gone wrong?

I stopped watching it when Annie Walker left the Rovers:D

garinda 14-07-2011 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 918868)
Fans are saying that it's going they way of Brookside.

Merseyside?

Is there going to be a landslip?

jaysay 14-07-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 918908)
Merseyside?

Is there going to be a landslip?

We don't want the Rovers landlady talking with a scouse accent she's bad enough with a lancashire one or so I'm told:D

garinda 14-07-2011 18:05

Michelle Collins recently played Fred Dibnah's wife at a play at the Octagon, and did a fairly believable Lancashire acccent.

jaysay 14-07-2011 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 918916)
Michelle Collins recently played Fred Dibnah's wife at a play at the Octagon, and did a fairly believable Lancashire acccent.

So it wasn't Dick Van Dyke esk was it then G :D

DaveinGermany 14-07-2011 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 918912)
We don't want the Rovers landlady talking with a scouse accent she's bad enough with a lancashire one or so I'm told:D

Oi you, that's blatant Scousist, is that ! :D

jaysay 15-07-2011 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 918938)
Oi you, that's blatant Scousist, is that ! :D

I know:D:D

Margaret Pilkington 15-07-2011 14:37

The story lines have gone from the plain daft, to the ludicrous and finally to the looniest.

Himself used to be an avid fan, though I could take it or leave it...but even he has become disaffected with the show recently........and he can't abide Michelle Collins. So I can't see him tuning in until she has gone.

kestrelx 16-07-2011 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 918916)

is this another one of your "dry" jokes? It wasn't her accent - I just decided that I was not going to watch TV any more as it takes over your mind in a subtle way.

jaysay 16-07-2011 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 919461)
is this another one of your "dry" jokes? It wasn't her accent - I just decided that I was not going to watch TV any more as it takes over your mind in a subtle way.

Ya we've noticed:p

kestrelx 16-07-2011 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 919153)
The story lines have gone from the plain daft, to the ludicrous and finally to the looniest.

Himself used to be an avid fan, though I could take it or leave it...but even he has become disaffected with the show recently........and he can't abide Michelle Collins. So I can't see him tuning in until she has gone.

I don't even know what's going on in it anymore - nor Emmerdale soaps are a waste of time really - I understand how people get pulled into them..

1) By liking the characters. 2) Then you want to find out what happened to them. 3) Hence you are compelled to watch it! But it's just dots on a screen really - NOT REAL! :)

jaysay 16-07-2011 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 919465)
i don't even know what's going on in it anymore - nor emmerdale soaps are a waste of time really - i understand how people get pulled into them..

1) by liking the characters. 2) then you want to find out what happened to them. 3) hence you are compelled to watch it! But it's just dots on a screen really - not real! :)

oh no i'm gutted

:D:D:D

Margaret Pilkington 16-07-2011 14:09

Yes, I appreciate it isn't real. Most of us look to TV for entertainment....to take us away for half an hour from our own mundane existence.....but there is precious little that is entertaining these days on the box.

kestrelx 03-12-2011 10:41

I was thinking that they are setting the storyline up for Sally to be Franks next victim and it will come out he's done it before! :do-one:

Note: I know I said I don't watch TV no more but someone gave me a PC TV USB and Software so I take the occasional peek at the soaps - Emmerdale has been gripping lately!