Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 14:20   #1
God Member

Alice in wonderland

has anyone been to see it yet? thinking of taking Reece to see it tonight in 3D is it any good?
Old 11-03-2010, 14:43   #2
God Member

Re: Alice in wonderland

I have`nt been but saw the trailer in 3D when i saw Avatar, the 3D`ness (if the word exists) looked amazing but the film looked pants and got poor reviews too.......if you ain`t seen Avatar yet i`d plump for that instead, like i said i ain`t seen it so i don`t want to do a Tealeaf and slag it off without foundation, its just my opinion.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 15:01   #3
God Member

pmsfl, i WAS going to see the 4.50 showing of it and told the child to be home for 3.30....he hasn't emerged yet so he won't be seeing it tonight (he didnt know i was taking him to the flicks) he should do as he's told shouldn't he
Old 11-03-2010, 15:39   #4

Hello,
We went to see Alice in wonderland on Saturday and it was ACE
Really good effects and great acting.
We only saw it in 2D but still fab !

Bernie xx
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 15:41   #5
God Member

cheers Bernie, i'll tell Reece what he's missed out on when he eventually gets home
Old 12-03-2010, 19:20   #6
Senior Member+

Read about 4 reviews and none of them rate it, usually like Tim Burton stuff but think I'll wait for the dvd.
Old 15-03-2010, 19:57   #7
God Member

just come back from seeing it and it was BRILLIANT, the 3D was great, it was dark in places but very funny, Matt Lucas plays the 'Tweedles' (Dum and Dee) Johnny Depp plays a great part as the Mad Hatter, Barbara Windsor is funny as the voice of the Dormouse, Stephen fry voices the Cheshire cat, its only a PG but i'd say parts of it are a bit scary for kids under 6

its a must see though, loved it
Old 15-03-2010, 20:40   #8
God Member

Oh I soooo wanna see it Did you goto Accy SHAZ?? How much are the gigs? someone said they are quite expensive to buy at the cinema

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 05:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Oh I soooo wanna see it Did you goto Accy SHAZ?? How much are the gigs? someone said they are quite expensive to buy at the cinema
when i saw avatar at blackburn teh 3d specs were free infact im glad i kept them because i recently got the 3d dvd to watch at home

if they have started charging on yor way out theres a box to dispose of them so just stick yout hands in and grab a few pairs of 3d specs for future films because theres gonna be a lot more of them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 16-03-2010 at 05:08.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 06:43   #10
God Member

Mel they don't charge for the specs, they don't do 3D in Accy either, Blackburn is the closest, it cost £12 in for me and Reece...if your getting any munchies, ask them about the little trays they do, you get a fair bit of popcorn, drink and some sweets for £2.20, we get them everytime we go, and they aren't just for kids

you gotta see it Mel, it really is a good one
Old 16-03-2010, 10:14   #11
Resting in Peace

I'd like to be brave enough to go and see it but always found it a little dark as a child. Hated the scenes with the Queen of Hearts playing croquet with hedgehogs and flamingoes .. made me sad for them. When she shouted "Off with their heads" (although she never did) brought on nightmares of my own. How scary is this scene Flashy ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 07:55   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
like i said i ain`t seen it so i don`t want to do a Tealeaf and slag it off without foundation, its just my opinion.

Well, i`m a little behind seeing this one but one of the kids got it for xmas and i must say i thought it was very good which after the reviews and word of mouth surprised me, kept us all quiet for a good couple of hours
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 08:03   #13
God Member

everytime Reece makes me a brew now, he threatens to throw the teaspoon at me ....tea TEEEEEEEA, love it, even bought it on dvd
Old 30-12-2010, 08:53   #14
Resting in Peace

Its on Sky on New Years Eve and in 3D too
Old 30-12-2010, 14:48   #15
Senior Member+

I have got it, I quite like it and the boys have watched it (they are 4) and they enjoy it too, think we have watched it 3 times since xmas I'd say it isnt as good as it was hyped to be but well worth a watch
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..