Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 09:07   #136
Resting in Peace

re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It is alleged that he pimped boys from children's homes for two very high profile politicians - he 'fixed it' for people who daren't let him face prosecution.
Tell yo what this Jimmy Saville was one hell of a guy wielding so much influence, why the hell was he never Prime Minister
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2012, 09:24   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Prime Minister
Elbow, elbow, nudge, nudge
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:27   #138
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Tell yo what this Jimmy Saville was one hell of a guy wielding so much influence, why the hell was he never Prime Minister
To find yourself in that wonderland position recieving some much adulation being on TV all the time, around all these young people - does funny things to people...especially back in the 60's and 70's!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:27   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Elbow, elbow, nudge, nudge
Might have missed it but can't remember him ever having political leanings one way or the other
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40   #140
God Member

The TV documentary seems to be concentrating on his alleged abuse of under age girls.

I do not expect it will even mention Haut de la Garenne and boys.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:29   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
The TV documentary seems to be concentrating on his alleged abuse of under age girls.

I do not expect it will even mention Haut de la Garenne and boys.

He was too powerful!
Old 02-10-2012, 17:15   #142
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
To find yourself in that wonderland position recieving some much adulation being on TV all the time, around all these young people - does funny things to people...especially back in the 60's and 70's!
Ya especially if you were of your Skull at the time
Old 02-10-2012, 17:30   #143
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well I'll be disappointed if such turns out to be true, for once I'd love the authorities to find that someone accused in this way, actually was the way he always seemed to be, strange but generous.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 17:33   #144
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well I'll be disappointed if such turns out to be true, for once I'd love the authorities to find that someone accused in this way, actually was the way he always seemed to be, strange but generous.
I actually think there's somebody who has seen an opportunity to make a quick buck myself
Old 02-10-2012, 18:07   #145

I don't think It's true, agree with JaySay.

Unrelated, but I was lucky enough to meet Jimmy a couple of times. He was at my Grandfather's funeral. Found him lovely to be around.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:10   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I do not know if its true or not, would hope it aint. What i can't quite grasp is in the last 20 yrs or so we have become a Lets make a claim society, Yet they aint coming outa the woodwork until now?? very odd to me.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:20   #147
Senior Member+

But if that was true, why wait till he's dead? Surely they had more chance of getting something if he was still alive because they could get him to court. Can they bring a case against someone who is dead?
Old 02-10-2012, 22:32   #148
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
But if that was true, why wait till he's dead? Surely they had more chance of getting something if he was still alive because they could get him to court. Can they bring a case against someone who is dead?
Thats what i don't get? Why wait until he aint around? Theres quite a few possibilities fer that un.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30   #149
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Believe me they will be getting plenty of financial rewords, tabloid newspapers and even ITV are not backward at coming forward when it comes to paying for these stories, so where money is concerned why let the truth get in the way of a good paper selling or viewer rating story
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28   #150

I knew of similar allegations 40 years ago. A friend of mine (Barrister and later Crown Court Recorder) lived in the same block of flats in Manchester as Jimmy Savile, and commented on the number of very young girls who visited Savile's flat. There is a similar allegation in a letter in today's Mail by someone who had seen Savile fondling young girls in a cafe in Manchester. He remarked on it to a waiter who said "Oh, is he at it again?".
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..