Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2012, 06:49   #406
Senior Member+

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
now then now then how's about that then,here are some more of jimbo's friends
That is a weird photo, I bet Savile revelled in the power he had having keys to Broadmore - what where they thinking giving someone like him keys?

Saw the Panorama documentary the other night - the scene of the "Clunk Click" program with him and Gary Glitter with there arms around those 16 (15) year old girls and Savile said to Glitter, "Get in there get between 'em!" Sordid...

Gary Glitter was even in the Spicegirls Movie but his scene was deleted...

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2012, 09:31   #407
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Peter Rippon was the man who had a rapid 'change of mind' which resulted in the Newsnight Saville programme not being shown last year.

Entwistle has just told the Commons Committee that he (Entwistle) did not instruct the programme to be abandoned.

Does this not make you wonder who did?
....and who has more control over him than his boss.

It looks suspiciously like he 'had an offer he couldn't refuse'
MP Tom Watson calls for Police to investigate an alleged paedophile ring in Parliament...linked to a previous Prime Ministers "senior adviser"... who could that be, any guesses?

BBC News - MP raises claim of past paedophile ring linked to No 10
Old 26-10-2012, 07:36   #408
JFT96

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Interesting that the victims of Jimmy Saville are going to sue for millions
Jimmy Savile: BBC faces allegations over 'censored' emails, 12 victims abused by DJ head for court | Mail Online

Yet the Hilsbrough families have to release a charity record to raise money
BBC News - Musicians record track for Hillsborough families

Justice.....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 09:58   #409
Senior Member+

I bet spice girls are disgusted with themselves for singing that song. How he was allowed to be potrayed as a musician in the first place(back then) is disgusting enough to me. that song is an insult to any musician.
Old 27-10-2012, 19:33   #410
Senior Member+

So a number of 1960s 'celebrities' are so worried they will become embroiled in the Jimmy Savile scandal, they have employed the services of the publicist Max Clifford.

What in goodness name is a PUBLICIST going to achieve for them?

If they DIDN'T abuse children, they have nothing to worry about.

If they DID abuse them, they deserve all they get. They'd be better off getting a good lawyer rather than a grubby publicist.

And the excuse about being caught up in the 'hedonistic atmosphere of the times' doesn't remotely hold water. Child abuse was as much a crime then as it is now.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 19:43   #411
Senior Member+

.....and furthermore, if any of them HAS admitted to this Clifford character that they DID abuse children, he had better report it straight to the police or he will be laying himself open to charges of perverting the course of justice.

As far as i know, 'publicists' have no legal standing in withholding information from the police for reasons of client confidentiality.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 12:05   #412
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I bet spice girls are disgusted with themselves for singing that song. How he was allowed to be potrayed as a musician in the first place(back then) is disgusting enough to me. that song is an insult to any musician.
I bet they are...Glitter has been arrested today. What is wrong with the song Surely it's no worse than any other Glam rock by bands like Slade, Sweet and so on.
Old 28-10-2012, 12:14   #413
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst it aint much of a shock Pervert Glitter has been arrested, it makes me wonder if this is n easy option fer em? Rather n arrest someone higher up the peado chain?
Old 28-10-2012, 12:30   #414
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst it aint much of a shock Pervert Glitter has been arrested, it makes me wonder if this is n easy option fer em? Rather n arrest someone higher up the peado chain?
Hopefully they can screw the disgusting scrote & get him to start squealing names & numbers so plod can round the creatures up, no matter their position or profile.
Old 28-10-2012, 12:46   #415
God Member

The main obstacle to exposure of pedophile networks is participation by police, politicians, and judges in the very practices that we are asking them to expose.

At the moment the disposable small fry are being hung out to dry.
Deeper levels of the corruption will only get exposed if the 'free press' have the gumption to expose it.

We can but hope that in the scramble to avoid exposure, the participants will reveal each other.
It will be Murdoch's revenge.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 12:48   #416
Beacon of light

I think it is coming Margaret. The day when the squealers come out of the woodwork.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 12:56   #417
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think it is coming Margaret. The day when the squealers come out of the woodwork.
My fear wi that is who will they actually squeal too? Its already been demonstrated i think with J.S. how people ignored fer sake of ambition etc.
Old 28-10-2012, 13:03   #418
Beacon of light

Because of the current furore about what went on all those years ago, it is now easier to bring up these episodes...and they know that more note will be taken of what is being said....it maybe that the squealers go to the press first.......many of the squealers have fulfilled their ambitions, and are only looking to cover their backs by exposing someone else.

My main concern is that those who are in high places in the judiciary/politics/police(and there will be some) may have had enough warning to destroy the evidence.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 20:32   #419
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
My fear wi that is who will they actually squeal too? Its already been demonstrated i think with J.S. how people ignored fer sake of ambition etc.
I'm waiting for them to pull in the big fish entertainers/presenters - will there be some shocks?
Old 29-10-2012, 01:49   #420
I am Banned

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Former Minister says Thatcher aide was paedophile who preyed on boys' home - and Hague should have known

Read more: Former Minister says Thatcher aide was paedophile who preyed on boys' home - and Hague should have known | Mail Online
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..