Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2012, 00:57   #421
I am Banned

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Glitter arrested, now who’s next? Officers in Savile probe prepare to swoop on more celebrities

Glitter arrested, now who¿s next? Officers in Savile probe prepare to swoop on more celebrities | Mail Online
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2012, 07:12   #422
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
Former Minister says Thatcher aide was paedophile who preyed on boys' home - and Hague should have known

Read more: Former Minister says Thatcher aide was paedophile who preyed on boys' home - and Hague should have known | Mail Online
That will no doubt be swept under the carpet i reckon.
Old 29-10-2012, 07:26   #423
Resting in Peace

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

There has been 2 threads running on this subject together
i and the other mods are fed up having to mod both threads as repeat posts are going in both threads so i have merged them into one thread.

Now please stay on topic

Last edited by Mick; 29-10-2012 at 07:30.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 11:27   #424
Senior Member+

Good idea before I ever decided to start a new post I have a good look around to check if their are any I coud post to instead of starting a new one! That saves starting threads on the same topic.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 15:43   #425
JFT96

The story was first broken by Miles Goslett in The Oldie magazine in February and picked up in the blogsphere by Guido Fawkes and the BCC only, reluctantly, got involved after ITV broke the story on television in early October.

Isn't it it strange that if it wasn't for ITV broadcasting the 'Exposure' programme all of this would still be unknown, despite a couple of little known on-liners bringing up the story back in February. These sites, it would seem, journalists follow closely. We have effectively had 7 months worth of media blackout on the activities of JavaScript et al!

The proverbial hot potato that wasn't going to be touched by anyone in the media world, home or abroad. What a story for any journalist to break open, 'Savilegate' if you like, but with no editor of any media form, prepared to touch it. If it wasn't for ITV, JavaScript's activities would still remain unpublicised.

I'll not be surprised if there are folders and folders of evidence and testimony in fleet street offices either locked away or now in shreds. Editors and journalists now getting rid of the evidence that they, the papers, knew the full story but weren't prepared to expose JavaScript.

I guess that the information they may have had could have been gained as part of the hacking scandal, the one that closed down the NotW. Now who would want to expose that sort of activity, thereby risking their future!

I feel that there's a lot more to come out of this whole deep episode

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 15:46   #426
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

I feel that there's a lot more to come out of this whole deep episode
Hooray - seen the light there haven't you
Attached Images
File Type: png light bulb.png (10.2 KB, 0 views)
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 17:32   #427
I am Banned

With all the recent revelations:
1.Are rapist's,pedo's running our country?
2.Are rapist's,pedo's running our church,boy scouts,hospitals,schools?
3.Are rapist's,pedo's running any institution which they would be able to perpetrate, rape upon defenceless and vulnerable kids?
4.Are rapist's,pedo's watching each others backs working their way into postions of power and influance so that rapist's,pedo's are not invesagated,evidence lost,crimes covered up?...........

Sorry what i meant to say is:

1.rapist's,pedo's are running our country
2.rapist's,pedo's are running our church,boy scouts,hospitals,schools
3.rapist's,pedo's are running any institution which they would be able to perpetrate, rape upon defenceless and vulnerable kids
4.rapist's,pedo's are watching each others backs working their way into postions of power and influance so that rapist's,pedo's are not invesagated,evidence lost,crimes covered up

I don't want to go through the evidence case by case (jimmy sav,catholic,preists,ted heath,ken clarke)

Last edited by Chris SUI JURIS; 29-10-2012 at 17:39.
Old 29-10-2012, 17:47   #428
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
3.Are rapist's,pedo's running any institution which they would be able to perpetrate, rape upon defenceless and vulnerable kids?
4.Are rapist's,pedo's watching each others backs working their way into postions of power and influance so that rapist's,pedo's are not invesagated,evidence lost,crimes covered up?...........

3.rapist's,pedo's are running any institution which they would be able to perpetrate, rape upon defenceless and vulnerable kids
4.rapist's,pedo's are watching each others backs working their way into postions of power and influance so that rapist's,pedo's are not invesagated,evidence lost,crimes covered up
What on Earth are you feeling so guilty about?

Why do you need to point out what others, may have done?

Is it something you've been tempted towards?

Do you feel so relieved, that given temptation, you have resisted it therefore you can claim to be innocent?

Well allow me to tell you, temptation has always been there, for every single bloke, but we don't need to bluster the way you do.

Are you feeling guilty?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 19:59   #429
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So it appears! But not before giving me a good slagging off for starting this thread!
Old 29-10-2012, 20:07   #430
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Well if you mean, am I shocked and horrified that a man who did so much good work for charity could have such a dark side, then yes I have seen the light. I hope your satisfied.

I am more concerned this took so long to come out, I am finding it very hard to believe he could keep this secret for so long.
And why did the press and all though who knew said nothing for so long.

Still I am sure you and Kestralex are loving this

I will say no more on this distasteful subject.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 20:46   #431
Senior Member+

Quote:

I don't want to go through the evidence case by case (jimmy sav,catholic,preists,ted heath,ken clarke)
In the UK a child goes missing every 3 mins.
http://ceop.police.uk/Media-Centre/P...ery-3-minutes/

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-10-2012 at 20:52.
Old 29-10-2012, 21:07   #432
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well if you mean, am I shocked and horrified that a man who did so much good work for charity could have such a dark side, then yes I have seen the light. I hope your satisfied.

I am more concerned this took so long to come out, I am finding it very hard to believe he could keep this secret for so long.
And why did the press and all though who knew said nothing for so long.

Still I am sure you and Kestralex are loving this

I will say no more on this distasteful subject.
I agree with you buddy - it is shocking really this situation with Mr Savile who was presented to us, when we were children as a harmless, well meaning person doing good works for disabled people and children. What has surfaced in the last month or so is a dark revelation.

By the way is your avatar you sitting on a motorbike (or is it a torchi in your hand?) in a cowboy hat? If not can you explain it!
Old 29-10-2012, 21:24   #433

If i'm not mistaken its from Dr Strangelove 9 or how i learned to love the atom bomb) or something similar. Slim pickens riding a nuke down on to those peskt reds.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 22:49   #434
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What on Earth are you feeling so guilty about?

Why do you need to point out what others, may have done?

Is it something you've been tempted towards?

Do you feel so relieved, that given temptation, you have resisted it therefore you can claim to be innocent?

Well allow me to tell you, temptation has always been there, for every single bloke, but we don't need to bluster the way you do.

Are you feeling guilty?
I was just translating the recent revelations,I think it pretty much sums the whole thing up

I'm not here to stir trouble,The only thing i'm guilty of is sharing a few views on Accyweb but i don't think thats criminal
Old 29-10-2012, 23:03   #435
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeah and it's allegedly more in america but yet No major media attention hmm

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..