Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 19:02   #106

re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

In this video at 3.30 - listen to what Coleen Nolan says! IN her own words, "I was 14 and he was all over me!" Very professional.

If you feel so upset by this then I wonder why? Listen to what Coleen Nolan said about Mr Saville!
Give it a rest! If you feel so strongly start an investigation and look for people who may be able to provide solid evidence and then take any direct information further through the appropriate channels.
You are messing with smoke and mirrors as it is or is it just that you are playing devil's advocate?
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2012, 21:43   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You seem to know quite a lot about this subject and how "these people" feel, ummmm
It's common psychological make up of those types of people they think they are superior which is what thinks they can get away with it! it's in all the criminal profiling manuals etc - if you can read!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:44   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
It's common psychological make up of those types of people they think they are superior which is what thinks they can get away with it! it's in all the criminal profiling manuals etc - if you can read!
Was that yer diagnosis in Broadmoor?
Old 13-04-2012, 07:32   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
As wrong as I think the birdman is on many, many subjects, I think it wrong to use how he looks as ammunition in this sick thread.
Just because he gets his kicks slagging off a dead man, that gives you no right to have a cheap shot at how he (kestrelx) portrays himself.
Cheap shot maybe,true without a doubt
Old 13-04-2012, 15:36   #110
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was that yer diagnosis in Broadmoor?

...or what does this book about 'criminal profiling' have to say about blackmailers?

Sounds a fascinating read.

I might see if I can slip one in my shopping trolley, the next time I see one.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:16   #111

I've just seen Louis Theroux on the one show talking about Jimmy Saville - apparently he kept in touch and met up with him regularly after the documentary, and spoke quite fondly of him, describing him as one of our great eccentrics. Perhaps eccentricity is being mistaken on this thread for something more sinister?
Old 13-04-2012, 19:22   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I've just seen Louis Theroux on the one show talking about Jimmy Saville - apparently he kept in touch and met up with him regularly after the documentary, and spoke quite fondly of him, describing him as one of our great eccentrics. Perhaps eccentricity is being mistaken on this thread for something more sinister?
Doubt very much if the thread starter is mistaking fer summat else, the only mistake hes made is with his username, Vulture would be more appropriate.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:45   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Yeh he was an eccentric, he was also close mate of Jonathan King for 25 years.

" King classes veteran TV presenter Jimmy Savile as one of his closest friends - they have known each other for 25 years. Savile once said of him: "He's a sabra. A sabra is an Israeli fruit that's prickly on the outside and all soft and lovely inside. That's Jonathan King." "

Quote by Jimmy Savile from - Who is Jonathan King? | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Last edited by kestrelx; 13-04-2012 at 19:49.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:55   #114
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
"He's a sabra. A sabra is an Israeli fruit that's prickly on the outside and all soft and lovely inside."
Hedgepigs, exactly the same by all accounts. Well apart from them not being fruit, more like frisbees the ones I see.
Old 13-04-2012, 20:19   #115

Quote:
Yeh he was an eccentric, he was also close mate of Jonathan King for 25 years.

" King classes veteran TV presenter Jimmy Savile as one of his closest friends - they have known each other for 25 years. Savile once said of him: "He's a sabra. A sabra is an Israeli fruit that's prickly on the outside and all soft and lovely inside. That's Jonathan King." "

Quote by Jimmy Savile from - Who is Jonathan King? | UK news | guardian.co.uk
Jonathan King has been convicted of offences, Jimmy Savile has not and since he is deceased he never will be. I have said previously that he made me feel uncomfortable but since I cannot substantiate my feelings I am not prepared to discuss them and until something concrete is uncovered Jimmy Savile is/was an innocent person and so does not deserve to have his motivation or behaviour questioned for no reason. I am sure he has family still alive who would be distressed by some of the comments made about him on this thread. Also as I have said previously if you feel so strongly find your proof and use it appropriately rather than using info gleaned via the internet to mount a campaign against him on this forum.
Old 13-04-2012, 23:15   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...or what does this book about 'criminal profiling' have to say about blackmailers?

Sounds a fascinating read.

I might see if I can slip one in my shopping trolley, the next time I see one.

Nothing to do with me Pal! And I will report this posting as off topic and trolling!
Old 13-04-2012, 23:40   #117
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Nothing to do with me Pal! And I will report this posting as off topic and trolling!
Now then. Now then. Now then.

I was merely adding my thoughts, to earlier posts made in this thread.

Your thread relates to the alleged crimes, a few claim, were carried out by a now deceased popular entertainer.

It was you, yourself, who first brought up the subject of criminal offender profiling.

I know criminality fascinates some, but I don't know an awful lot about it. So the book you mentioned sounds quite interesting.

What makes a person become a child abuser, a rapist, a murderer, or a blackmailer, say?

It would be interesting to know.

As for Jimmy Saville.

Since under the British justice system we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, and seeing as the man in question is dead, and can't therefore be posthumously tried for any alleged crimes, perhaps he should be allowed to rest in peace.

Old 14-04-2012, 00:03   #118
Give, give, give member

Jimmy Saville doesn't now have the chance to face his accusers.

Having passed away.

What we do know, as fact, is that he raised an awful lot of money for various charities.

Which made a real difference, to the lives of a vast number of very sick people.

That's something we at least know to be true.

Unlike these scurrilous rumours.

I guess there's something in that old saying, about not speaking ill of the dead.

As someone might just do it to those who did.

When they're trying to rest in their grave.

Old 14-04-2012, 08:43   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Jimmy Saville doesn't now have the chance to face his accusers.

Having passed away.

What we do know, as fact, is that he raised an awful lot of money for various charities.

Which made a real difference, to the lives of a vast number of very sick people.

That's something we at least know to be true.

Unlike these scurrilous rumours.

I guess there's something in that old saying, about not speaking ill of the dead.

As someone might just do it to those who did.

When they're trying to rest in their grave.
Ya Rindi, Savile raised millions for charity and worked tirelessly for disadvantaged people, just wondering what Birdbrain has ever done for his fellow man, besides start scurrilous threads like this one, I think he's such a looser that he likes to be confrontational just to gain attention.
Old 14-04-2012, 13:30   #120
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Put yer shirt back on,when yer tantrums oer.Your post aint about the thread subject "Jimmy Saville", so report yerself as well birdbrain.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..