Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2012, 21:30   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
BBC programming

So the BBC decide to remove all it's children's programs to Cbeebies based on viewing figures.

Read a blog the other day that said that the BBC was now basically a woman's channel.

I'm inclined to agree, been off sick this week and all that's on are programs that:-

a) Make cooking appear more difficult than it is
b) Get people to spend more on fuel and time than they make at an auction, or sell something they bought in 1955 for £5 for £30 who are told its a 'real deal' (Duh!, inflation, interest)
c) Have a bunch of females discussing things that they usually write on the ladies toilet walls
d) Have a bunch of men running round hammering, drilling and sticking things to walls supervised by a woman, turning a perfectly acceptable room into something pink and chintzy in two hours
e) Quiz shows that have questions like, what comes next..1,2,3,(?)
f) Dramas with good looking actors playing doctors agonising over affairs with Irene Handl lookalikes
g) Have some ex-stockbrokers wife looking for a home in the Dordogne that has enough room for her 4 dogs, 3 hamsters and 22 crocodiles

Back to work on Monday...praise the Lord Harry
Old 18-05-2012, 21:57   #2
I am Banned

Re: BBC programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
So the BBC decide to remove all it's children's programs to Cbeebies based on viewing figures.

Read a blog the other day that said that the BBC was now basically a woman's channel.

I'm inclined to agree, been off sick this week and all that's on are programs that:-

b) Get people to spend more on fuel and time than they make at an auction, or sell something they bought in 1955 for £5 for £30 who are told its a 'real deal' (Duh!, inflation, interest)
c) Have a bunch of females discussing things that they usually write on the ladies toilet walls
d) Have a bunch of men running round hammering, drilling and sticking things to walls supervised by a woman, turning a perfectly acceptable room into something pink and chintzy in two hours
f) Dramas with good looking actors playing doctors agonising over affairs with Irene Handl lookalikes
g) Have some ex-stockbrokers wife looking for a home in the Dordogne that has enough room for her 4 dogs, 3 hamsters and 22 crocodiles

What else were you expecting, they've been multi tasking all day zapping the tele with the remote, takes it out of them, thats why they are so tired when you come home from work, & your teas either not ready, or burnt to a cinder.
You want to see some of the tripe they put on for women after midnight, shows that sell them the latest fashion accessories at exorbitant prices, makes you wonder at their IQ, if they fall for that sh1te.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 22:30   #3
God Member

Bunch of females discussing things? Loose women is on itv....i much prefer The BBC...it DOESN'T have Jeremy Kyle on it....oh sorry does the fact that The BBC doesn't show dna tests, lie detectors and people beating their partners up and showing themselves up on national telly offend you? If so i'm sure i can google the number for the Jezza show and he can help with your disinterest in the BBC, maybe he could give you counselling for it.... Maybe CITV is the chanel you should be watching....enjoy
Old 18-05-2012, 22:57   #4
God Member

Yeah and have you noticed that most of these daytime shows have a large percentage of women in the audience.. I mean who's doing the hoovering,ironing and such in their homes?...it's come to a bad state when you get home and yer dinner ain't ready and you end up wasting good drinking time because she's been spending all day watching Loose Women and ringing helplines!..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 07:27   #5

It's our fault We work hard for money to buy women hoovers and automatic washers to make their lives easy. We have made them lazy. Mine is too idle to even put a pair of stockings and suspenders for me now. We are going to hell in a hand cart with no way back
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 08:28   #6
Resting in Peace

There's always Animal Planet or Natural Geo Wild,
Old 19-05-2012, 08:38   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
It's our fault We work hard for money to buy women hoovers and automatic washers to make their lives easy. We have made them lazy. Mine is too idle to even put a pair of stockings and suspenders for me now. We are going to hell in a hand cart with no way back
Wouldn't like to see you in stockings and sussies.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 09:08   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

BBC, ITV, independants, does it really matter ? There's untold drivel, mind numbing she-ite & repeats on all the channels mainly. Glad I don't have to pay for a UK licence, youse are being proper ripped off there.
Old 19-05-2012, 09:13   #9
Senior Member+

we are being ripped off proper, having to pay for a tv licence. Let the BBC advertise and pay for its services
Old 19-05-2012, 09:26   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
we are being ripped off proper, having to pay for a tv licence. Let the BBC advertise and pay for its services
Can't agree more Max, I watch very few programs on the BBC and half of um are repeats anyway
Old 19-05-2012, 09:31   #11
Senior Member+

Yeh all this new digital tv with all repeats.We are watching old programs from the sixties , but we are not paying the sixties licence fees.
Old 19-05-2012, 19:08   #12

When I was off work last month I got a bit addicted to Homes Under The Hammer to the extent I started to record it to watch when I got home from work when I went back to work - it's worn a bit thin now though! Daytime TV on the BBC is really dire - my partner was off work for 3 months last year after breaking his heel, and suddenly became an antiques expert! Not as bad as ITV though!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:13   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Whatever you had...I'm pleased to see that you are better.
Anyway, you couldn't have been that ill, or you wouldn't have had the patience to watch the rubbish on TV.

Has no-one got a bigger worm???????
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:21   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
When I was off work last month I got a bit addicted to Homes Under The Hammer to the extent I started to record it to watch when I got home from work when I went back to work - it's worn a bit thin now though! Daytime TV on the BBC is really dire - my partner was off work for 3 months last year after breaking his heel, and suddenly became an antiques expert! Not as bad as ITV though!
The trouble with programmes about houses and antiques is that you want to keep watching to find out what the outcome of the search/sale/makeover or whatever is. A very well designed addictive drug!
Old 19-05-2012, 20:32   #15
God Member

I haven't watched much on Tv for months - I know what I like and they just don't deliver on SKY ...

We all like to dream -the Van Gogh in the attic and the piece of long lost pottery our Gt aunt left in the pantry which is worth a squillion...dream on! I even checked out the stamps on a load of letters of my Gt grandads recently- common or garden stuff - unfortunately. Unless there's a water-mark or something odd -one never knows...! I live in hope

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..