Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2013, 18:18   #1
Full Member+

Best film of all time

Just wondering about people's favourite films. Mine has to be Withnail and I, cracks me up every time I watch it. What's yours?
Turtle likes this.
Old 09-08-2013, 19:04   #2

Re: Best film of all time

2, Jesus of Nazareth and Romeo and Juliet both directed by Franco Zeffirelli although I do like Forrest Gump oh there's too many !!!
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 19:36   #3
God Member

think all these should just about answer your question

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...lms-63198.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...80s-36755.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ilm-34897.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ilm-32644.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ilm-16760.html
MargaretR likes this.
Old 09-08-2013, 22:01   #4
God Member

Too many to choose from but Whistle Down The Wind with Hayley Mills is well up there for me - love it
westendlass likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 22:37   #5
Full Member+

Only being a Newby, I wouldn't know of all the other threads. I'm not Mystic Meg . Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!
Old 09-08-2013, 22:45   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Only being a Newby, I wouldn't know of all the other threads. I'm not Mystic Meg . Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!
You could search, but then, there are some who don`t like old threads resurrected. Rock & a hard place.
BERNADETTE and Studio25 like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
You could search, but then, there are some who don`t like old threads resurrected. Rock & a hard place.
Aint stupidity a wonderful thing? Sod all at all wrong wi resurrecting owd threads, In fact i love it, it can bring back memories of people that aint around anymore.
flashy, susie123 and Turtle like this.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07   #8

Quote:
Just wondering about people's favourite films. Mine has to be Withnail and I, cracks me up every time I watch it. What's yours?
Mines "MY SUMMER OF LOVE " Filmed not far away in Todmorden " Paddy Considine Emily Blunt and Natalie Press "SUPERB" also "SEA OF LOVE " AL PERCHINO John Goodman etc

Last edited by ianray; 10-08-2013 at 08:16.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aint stupidity a wonderful thing? Sod all at all wrong wi resurrecting owd threads, In fact i love it, it can bring back memories of people that aint around anymore.
A new thread on a subject that`s been covered before, but has been missed by those of us who haven`t been here that long, or resurrect an old thread, I don`t mind either way. Gives us none AS fans something to read.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 13:38   #10
Resting in Peace

I think my best film would be Solomon and Sheba with Yul Brynner and Gina Lollobrigida, the scene where the on come forces are blinded by the burnished shields and dive headlong into a ravine is superb
mobertol likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 14:23   #11
Rest in Peace

Once Upon A Time In The West.

Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards,Charles Bronson,

Woody Strode, Jack Elam, Keenan Wynn.

Great Music by Ennio Morricoe.
mobertol likes this.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 14:34   #12
God Member

empire

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:17   #13
God Member

The 39 Steps - absolute classic for me. Hard to believe Hitchcock never won an Oscar!
The 39 Steps (1935) - The Criterion Collection

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26   #14
God Member

Quote:
I wouldn't bother getting upset if I were you Westendlass - not worth the effort! If people have been there, done that and worn the t-shirt I don't see why they think you shouldn't have a go and engage others on the forum who they don't know so well!

I actually find this to be an interesting topic. You get such a wide range of answers and it can tell you a lot about other peoples taste -or in some cases lack of...

I have a list as long as my arm of favourite films and am always adding new ones.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29   #15
God Member

A modern classic for me has to be The Gladiator -superb cast, great acting, fab story and I can watch it again and again. Oliver Reeds last ever role - iconic.
kestrelx and Turtle like this.

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..