Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2016, 12:57   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Brief Encounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
so true margaret. its peoples sheep like mentality nowadays. if some so called celebrity says something a lot will follow. different generation i suppose.
also demonstrates clearly to me,how stupid some are.
Old 14-12-2016, 09:48   #17
God Member

we,ve had a go at brief encounter. is there other so called popular films that people are less than keen on. for me my worst three are Casablanca, Titanic and Gone With The Wind..
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 08:28   #18

Another pet hate of mine are televisions TV reporters where the studio go over live to a on the spot journalist to ask what his or hers views are of a current event. They should be reporting happenings not giving there own view on something which is why I always turn over or off whenever this inevitably happens every blasted day.

Talking of old films I'm still watching silent films made in the late 1800's never mind Brief Encounter. EE

Old 15-12-2016, 16:20   #19
Beacon of light

I dislike Casablanca....haven't ever watched Titanic or Gone with the Wind.
39 Steps is dire, the lady on a train....I cringe when I see these as I know himself will inevitably watch them for the millionth time (ok, maybe It wasn't a million, maybe it was a million and one)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 20:09   #20

I like Casablanca, but I'm not fond of Gone With The Wind, mainly owing to the ham acting of Leslie Howard. And speaking of ham actors, I've always thought that Laurence Olivier was vastly overrated. Titanic was OK, but I prefer A Night To Remember's telling of the event.
wadey likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 13:31   #21

Like Casablanca although it could have been a different film and ending which was pretty much undecided during filming.
Watched Scrooge last night 1935 :-)
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-12-2016, 04:56   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
we,ve had a go at brief encounter. is there other so called popular films that people are less than keen on. for me my worst three are Casablanca, Titanic and Gone With The Wind..
Was given the video of Titanic as a C'mas present several years ago....
it is still in the cellophane wrapper, I'm saving it to leave to someone I don't like, in my will!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 09:00   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Was given the video of Titanic as a C'mas present several years ago....
it is still in the cellophane wrapper, I'm saving it to leave to someone I don't like, in my will!
Have to say i never watched it, aint the same when yeh know the ending.
Old 31-12-2016, 10:47   #24
Beacon of light

Me neither Cashy...like you, we know the ending, but also I was never really keen on Leonardo Di Caprio or Kate Winslet and that put me off watching it too.

I am not a big fan of films. I have been disappointed so many times. I am sure they show the few best bits as trailers and the rest of the film is dross.
Himself watches some right tripe. He likes violent films full of bad language...when they come on I make a quick exit upstairs.
He will sometimes say 'don't run away' but I tell him I won't run away if he stops watching the rubbish that he watches. No wonder he fights in his sleep.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016, 11:25   #25

Maybe it's those boxing gloves that you gave him for Christmas,
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..