Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 19:28   #1
Senior Member+

Britains Got Talent

I`m sure there are are loads on here who don`t watch BGT, but the silouette act ( Attraction ) that`s just been on was amazing, had me in tears.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2013, 19:59   #2
God Member

Re: Britains Got Talent

Yes they where very good but they should change the name of the show to 'Europe and every other countries got talent' its really peed me off this year, they are coming in from all over the world just to audition
Old 01-06-2013, 20:04   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Yes they where very good but they should change the name of the show to 'Europe and every other countries got talent' its really peed me off this year, they are coming in from all over the world just to audition
I admit, there are a lot of acts not from Britain, but you`d need a heart of stone not to be moved by that tonight.
Old 01-06-2013, 21:07   #4

Brilliant act hope they win.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 21:17   #5
Senior Member+

don`t normally watch these kind of programs, but first one I watched was america`s got talent and had the eventual winner Bianca Ryan on - blew me away!
Old 01-06-2013, 21:23   #6
Full Member+

I would like Attraction to win too. .They are so unique and so very very clever.Thought the blonde girl would have got through. She was far better than the boy from Ireland in my opinion. I also dont think the way they put the 2nd act through is fair. What is the point of people voting if the panel can vote off the act who came 2nd in the viewers votes. It is all a money making con of the telephone companies.
hassy rvr likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 21:33   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
...I also dont think the way they put the 2nd act through is fair. What is the point of people voting if the panel can vote off the act who came 2nd in the viewers votes. It is all a money making con of the telephone companies.
I think if it`s close as to who is best, they vote 2/2, then the act with most votes goes through.
Old 01-06-2013, 21:47   #8

the only thing with this program is,it is called britains got talent, so why do they put on their program idiots who have been obviously vetted, and sound like a cat being strangled or a child wanting pity,or someone so old and daft, they just make fools of themselves,i know television sells, but surely there must be better tryers than half the acts that only show themselves up, I try not to watch it purely for that reason.
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 21:56   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloot View Post
the only thing with this program is,it is called britains got talent, so why do they put on their program idiots who have been obviously vetted, and sound like a cat being strangled or a child wanting pity,or someone so old and daft, they just make fools of themselves,i know television sells, but surely there must be better tryers than half the acts that only show themselves up, I try not to watch it purely for that reason.
I totally agree, they spoil it, and like I said, don`t normally watch programs like this, but the exceptional acts make it worthwhile,
Tonights "Attraction" now on youtube.

By the way, if you didn`t see it on the night, the whole act was based on one the life of one of the performers

Last edited by gpick24; 01-06-2013 at 22:01.
Old 01-06-2013, 23:47   #10
God Member

Thought from the first time I saw Attraction that they would be worthy winners. A unique act
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14   #11
Resting in Peace

Don't watch anything that Cowell has is hands on
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good uns, never needed crap like this to attract attention,
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37   #13
God Member

errr, Les Dawson was making no headway till he got on Opportunity knocks according to the "Audience with" thing at the weekend

goes to show there is a need for programmes of this type, no matter how much you hate Mr C... and lets face it its a bit of the British disease that we seem to like to hate successful people rather than celebrate their success as good for Britain

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 16:20   #14

successful people, or artists are worth listening to, my gripe with the program in question is the rubbish acts they put on obviously thinking its funny, the show is called "britains got talent" not britains full of idiots,
cashman likes this.
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 18:10   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
errr, Les Dawson was making no headway till he got on Opportunity knocks according to the "Audience with" thing at the weekend

goes to show there is a need for programmes of this type, no matter how much you hate Mr C... and lets face it its a bit of the British disease that we seem to like to hate successful people rather than celebrate their success as good for Britain
I was always a great Les Dawson fan, But disagree it don't show me theres a need fer tripe like those shows, It does show he got his break through one thats all. I firmly believe it would have happened anyway,a bit later probably, but the guy was too talented not to make it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..