Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2012, 21:29   #1
Junior Member+

comedy poll

whats the best comedy u have ever seen and why
forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2012, 22:20   #2
Resting In Peace

re: comedy poll

Well for me the best comedy is you at the moment. It might be a good idea to learn to spell, punctuate and write proper sentences before starting five threads at once on Accyweb.
Old 17-06-2012, 05:28   #3

Re: comedy poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well for me the best comedy is you at the moment. It might be a good idea to learn to spell, punctuate and write proper sentences before starting five threads at once on Accyweb.
By the way, welcome to Accy Web, Forza.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 09:44   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh good gum drops somebody else who cant spell
Old 17-06-2012, 09:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh good gum drops somebody else who cant spell
At least no one is saying you shouldn't post on here until you learn to spell, Jay.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:07   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
At least no one is saying you shouldn't post on here until you learn to spell, Jay.
The difference is that Jaysay usually has something interesting to say behind the malapropisms. I notice that one of Forza's threads has already been removed, I assume because it was written in textspeak rather than English.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:12   #7

Quote:
The difference is that Jaysay usually has something interesting to say behind the malapropisms. I notice that one of Forza's threads has already been removed, I assume because it was written in textspeak rather than English.
Forza is new to the site. Welcome him rather than dismissing him.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:17   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Forza is new to the site. Welcome him rather than dismissing him.
He has another thread for that. My comment was meant to be informative and helpful rather than dismissive. I am sure I am not the only one who was irritated by his style or lack of it. I would suggest dipping a toe in the water is preferable to a scattergun approach of multiple threads but all these are only my opinion.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:20   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hell I would still be waiting to make my first post Michael, ya can't teach an old dog new tricks I learnt my short comings about 60 years ago
Old 17-06-2012, 10:22   #10

Quote:
He has another thread for that. My comment was meant to be informative and helpful rather than dismissive. I am sure I am not the only one who was irritated by his style or lack of it. I would suggest dipping a toe in the water is preferable to a scattergun approach of multiple threads but all these are only my opinion.
Informative when you are attacking his spelling, punctuation, writing proper sentences and style? Pull the other one.
Old 17-06-2012, 17:58   #11

It's difficult to say what the best comedy you've ever seen is. At the moment mine is Mrs. Brown's boys which has me crying with laughing for the first time for ages!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 09:25   #12
God Member

Quote:
By the way, welcome to Accy Web, Forza.
Yes, welcome, Forza. (Why the Italian username?)

We recently had a thread on here called "Are registered members frightening?" - from the reaction to one of Forza's very first posts by Sue I should imagine that the answer would be "Yes" by this particular new member. A bit out of order i think...especially considering her remark in post #46 of that thread:
"It may be my attitude that has helped me get along so well here but it's also the thought of a community out there who are very caring about someone they may never meet."

Back to the commedy - I am a lover of old fashioned 70's commedy, The Good Life, To the Manor born, The Rise and fall of Reginald Perrin etc. also love the Blackadder series...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 09:34   #13
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Yes, welcome, Forza. (Why the Italian username?)

We recently had a thread on here called "Are registered members frightening?" - from the reaction to one of Forza's very first posts by Sue I should imagine that the answer would be "Yes" by this particular new member. A bit out of order i think...especially considering her remark in post #46 of that thread:
"It may be my attitude that has helped me get along so well here but it's also the thought of a community out there who are very caring about someone they may never meet."
Well I for one would leave Accyweb tomorrow or even today if all posts fell to the standard of the five threads started simultaneously by this member. Just because it's a caring community doesn't mean I have to care for everyone in it.
Old 18-06-2012, 09:48   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well I for one would leave Accyweb tomorrow or even today if all posts fell to the standard of the five threads started simultaneously by this member. Just because it's a caring community doesn't mean I have to care for everyone in it.
In some way your right and in some way your wrong susie, when I saw these post at first (especially one) I just though if you want to use text speak join facebook, but some people joining this site are clearly wind up merchants who, well quite frankly don't last long, they either sod of of their own accord or get banned simples
Old 18-06-2012, 09:56   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
In some way your right and in some way your wrong susie, when I saw these post at first (especially one) I just though if you want to use text speak join facebook, but some people joining this site are clearly wind up merchants who, well quite frankly don't last long, they either sod of of their own accord or get banned simples
John you put it exactly right and better than I ever could. Glad someone understands what I'm getting at. I think the thread started with textspeak was deleted straight away.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..