Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2012, 16:08   #61

Re: Coronation Street is Rubbish!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Same here Cashy -Is Hilda still in it? She and Stan were always my favourites

Now that's what i call real life WM!

Very moving acting - great to watch all the names on the credits at the end, this is how i remember Corrie.

Just a thought, do they still serve Newton & Ridley in the Rovers Return?
Hilda left a few years ago. The actress who played her, Jean Alexander, joined the cast of Last of the Summer Wine.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2012, 17:48   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There's no credit in being 'the best'.

In every barrel of rotten apples there is always one which can be declared least rotten.
Take it your not a fan then, funny that thought it would have been just up your street, or it would have been in the old days with Mini Martha and Ena in the snug with a milk stout, you could even have worn your hairnet
Old 26-01-2012, 17:49   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well aint watched it fer oer 25 yrs, but am gonna be watching it later next month.
Let us no the date nearer the time cashy, Joan wants to know
Old 26-01-2012, 17:50   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Hilda left a few years ago. The actress who played her, Jean Alexander, joined the cast of Last of the Summer Wine.
Who's love interest was she Michael
Old 26-01-2012, 19:56   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Take it your not a fan then, funny that thought it would have been just up your street, or it would have been in the old days with Mini Martha and Ena in the snug with a milk stout, you could even have worn your hairnet
The thought of Margaret R with a hairnet is enough to stop anyone from sleeping Jay!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 20:10   #66

Quote:
Who's love interest was she Michael
Not sure as I didn't watch Summer Wine on a regular basis. Here is a Street trivia question: what was the name of Minnie Caldwell's cat?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 20:18   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Not sure as I didn't watch Summer Wine on a regular basis. Here is a Street trivia question: what was the name of Minnie Caldwell's cat?
Bobby

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 20:20   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
The thought of Margaret R with a hairnet is enough to stop anyone from sleeping Jay!
You say the sweetest things
or ..you have a knack of making a person happy
..a lovely trait in one so young

Last edited by MargaretR; 26-01-2012 at 20:22.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 20:51   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You say the sweetest things
or ..you have a knack of making a person happy
..a lovely trait in one so young
I am not in the habit of making false declarations, anyway you undoubtedly don't need your ego boosting Margaret.

I appreciate being called "young "as i no longer am that youthful, wish i was.

My declarations are always truthful - this so that they who have received them know that I am always to be believed. Absolutely.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 26-01-2012 at 20:53.
Old 26-01-2012, 20:52   #70
God Member

Didn't remember the cat's name!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 26-01-2012, 21:56   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yep the prison visit thing has always bugged me too. We used to visit a lifer who was an old school friend of my partner and had to wait for him to send us a visiting order before we could go and see him. He was in several different gaols before he topped himself and the routine was always the same.
Yep that is right - the Prisons arn't hotels were family members can just turn up and get in. As you say a request/visiting order is sent out by the prisoner to who he wants to see and that takes about 1 month. If they change their mind there is nothing you can do. So when you see soup actors swanning in and out of the nick like they are in Benidorm it's non-sense.

Last edited by kestrelx; 26-01-2012 at 22:00.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 21:57   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yep the prison visit thing has always bugged me too. We used to visit a lifer who was an old school friend of my partner and had to wait for him to send us a visiting order before we could go and see him. He was in several different gaols before he topped himself and the routine was always the same.
Yep that is right - the Prisons arn't hotels were family members can just turn up and get in. As you say a request/visiting order is sent out by the prisoner to who he wants to see and if they change their mind there is nothing you can do. So when you see soup actors swanning in and out of the nick like they are in Benidorm it's non-sense!
Old 26-01-2012, 21:59   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
I ain't got a wife and would have gladly swapped my last one for a Cocker Spaniel, they're more faithful and I drink very little. One think which has me wondering though is how do you know, in great detail, the visiting rights of those in HMs Prisons
Because I had to take my mother down to visit my brother when he was inside and it was very strict.
Old 26-01-2012, 22:08   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yep that is right - the Prisons arn't hotels were family members can just turn up and get in. As you say a request/visiting order is sent out by the prisoner to who he wants to see and that takes about 1 month. If they change their mind there is nothing you can do. So when you see soup actors swanning in and out of the nick like they are in Benidorm it's non-sense.
Visiting orders could only be issued 1 per month, unless exceptional circumstances, n even then i never always got one.
Old 26-01-2012, 22:32   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Visiting orders could only be issued 1 per month, unless exceptional circumstances, n even then i never always got one.
That's about right and you can have up to 2 people on each one I think.:hid ewall:

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..