Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2011, 13:52   #1

Countdown

Nick Hewer, assistant to Alan Sugar on the Apprentice has taken over from Jeff Stelling on Countdown in the New Year.I love the programme and I wish him well.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2011, 15:35   #2

Re: Countdown

Yeah, should be interesting as he has a dry wit as demonstrated on recent panel shows.

Can't help but think he'll be wasted though. Basically it requires pressing a button and two minutes of bonhomie with Ken Bruce before the break. It's been something of a poisoned chalice since the late great Richard Whiteley passed away.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 22:07   #3

Same here but I'm sorry Jeff has left, we stopped watching it when Richard died and came back to it a few months ago
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 06:49   #4
Senior Member+

Countdown is an institution, and whoever presents it will always take second place to the format. I love the programme and always despair at missing big words the contestants get.

And Suzy Dent has carved a nice little niche for herself as the nation's dictionary expert. She is wheeled on to programmes like Breakfast whenever there is discussion about words.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 06:53   #5
Beacon of light

I gave up watching this show after Richard died....I did go back for a while, but once Carol Vorderman left too....well, that was it for me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 09:15   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Countdown is an institution, and whoever presents it will always take second place to the format. I love the programme and always despair at missing big words the contestants get.

And Suzy Dent has carved a nice little niche for herself as the nation's dictionary expert. She is wheeled on to programmes like Breakfast whenever there is discussion about words.
Ya gynn Suzy Dent is a real wordsmith, unlike myself
Old 20-12-2011, 15:46   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Always used to watch it wi Richard n Carol, did fer a good few times after, even after carol went watched a few, but its lost its appeal, so now watch it as rarely as rocking horse crap.
Old 11-01-2012, 21:53   #8

Nick Hewer's doing an excellent job. But I can't help thinking he's wasted on it. He has a wickedly dry wit.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 08:11   #9

I'm sorry Jeff has left.

Last edited by Mick; 21-07-2012 at 08:13. Reason: advertising links not allowed
RobinMills is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..