Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 09:48   #1
Senior Member+

Digital Changeover!

Today is start of digital changeover!

I just re-tuned my box and it's come up short of BBC 1, 2, and 3 and no BBC News - but has BBC 4, BBC Parliament and C-BBC - so has anyone had similar problem?

Previously BBC 1 and 2 were the strongest signals for me and I could get them with really weak aerial when all other channels were not visible! Since today the opposite has happened.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2012, 10:11   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Digital Changeover!

I'm actually on BBC1 on my indoor arial, it usually comes up with a sign when I first switch on saying I need to reset (which is done auto)In fact I've just switched my TV on and off and nothing has come up yet
Old 04-04-2012, 10:18   #3
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

I just re-tuned my box and it's come up short of BBC 1, 2, and 3 and no BBC News - but has BBC 4, BBC Parliament and C-BBC - so has anyone had similar problem?

Previously BBC 1 and 2 were the strongest signals for me and I could get them with really weak aerial when all other channels were not visible! Since today the opposite has happened.
Errr don't think many people on Accyweb will be having problems today. The Granada region switched yonks ago.

See we're ahead of Lunnon on some things!!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:02   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Are you in the London area?

Here is a link to the official site that might be of help to you Digital UK - Home
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Are you in the London area?

Here is a link to the official site that might be of help to you Digital UK - Home
Yes I am! Cheers for the link I'm wondering perhaps it may come on later for some reason, I don't know what work it entails for them to switch over the signal on the transmitters?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:58   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm actually on BBC1 on my indoor arial, it usually comes up with a sign when I first switch on saying I need to reset (which is done auto)In fact I've just switched my TV on and off and nothing has come up yet
Just checked mine, nowts changed since the last so called change over to digital. Is that bluudy kestrel having a wind up again.
Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 04-04-2012 at 12:01.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04   #7
Beacon of light

No Retlaw, this is one instance where we in the North are well ahead of those in the Capital.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 17:32   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No Retlaw, this is one instance where we in the North are well ahead of those in the Capital.
In my book we're always ahead of those in the capital Margaret
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Just checked mine, nowts changed since the last so called change over to digital. Is that bluudy kestrel having a wind up again.
Retlaw
No wind up - I'm still not getting BBC 1, 2 or BBC news channel - but have a couple new channels - can't work it out! Perhaps my aerial is no longer strong enough??? It doesn't make sense!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23   #10
God Member

Quote:
No wind up - I'm still not getting BBC 1, 2 or BBC news channel - but have a couple new channels - can't work it out! Perhaps my aerial is no longer strong enough??? It doesn't make sense!
It does require an ariel upgrade - as a tenant of social housing, my landlord did it.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
You don't always need a new aerial _ Hae you checked the official site?
Digital UK - London aerial information

It's possible your missing channels may be lurking somewhere under a different channel number - sometimes you can get the same channel on several different channel numbers. Check your channel list.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:45   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post

It's possible your missing channels may be lurking somewhere under a different channel number - sometimes you can get the same channel on several different channel numbers. Check your channel list.
Could be that some of the channels have been changed from vertical to horizontal polarisation, have you checked what type of aerial you have, are your neighbours having similar problems, what type of aerial are they using, go out side & have a look.
I -- or X the X one will get the lot.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:46   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post

I've got all the channels I had before and some new ones. I have checked all channels no sign of BBC 1 etc but I have all the BBC radio channels.
Old 06-04-2012, 13:56   #14
Beacon of light

It was in the paper yesterday that large chunks of the capital are not getting BBC channels for some technical reason.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 13:57   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Could be that some of the channels have been changed from vertical to horizontal polarisation, have you checked what type of aerial you have, are your neighbours having similar problems, what type of aerial are they using, go out side & have a look.
I -- or X the X one will get the lot.
Retlaw.
I've worked it out now - it's the digital box on the TV. Because I re-tuned the TV card on PC and that is working with BBC 1 etc. So the TV digi-box must not be able to pick up BBC 1.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..