Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2012, 09:12   #1
Senior Member+

Question Great British Ghosts.

Anyone been watching Great British Ghosts series on the Yesterday channel...

Great British Ghosts: Yesterday TV

Any one got any ghost stories of their own?

The only experience that I had around 1984 I was in a block of flats at 2am ( first and last time I've ever been in that block) on the stairway on my own and heard foot steps, clearly coming closer and closer and there was no on there and I had to leg it.

That is the only time I can honestly say I felt that may have been a ghost.

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-09-2012 at 09:14.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2012, 12:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Great British Ghosts.

There have been several threads on here about the subject already. Here are a few.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...age-61826.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ings-2135.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ton-51355.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...s-38171-5.html

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 13:07   #3
Senior Member+

Cheers for letting me know. I was also talking about this TV program which is shown Friday nights.

Pointing out that it seemed to fall short - they mentioned someone taping a ghost - but omitted to play the recording. Likewise a woman took a photo of a ghostly shape - again the program omitted to show the photo - so it fell flat as far as showing the proof.
Old 24-09-2012, 16:12   #4
Senior Member+

Can anyone on Accyweb explain this photo taken at Mitton Hall at my son's wedding?
DSCF0010.JPG
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 18:34   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Can anyone on Accyweb explain this photo taken at Mitton Hall at my son's wedding?
Attachment 25615
Hard to say for sure as the guy looks dressed in current clothing. Also the blurring effect is slightly across all of the photo - so could it just be some kind of trick of the light?

Unfortunately you'll never know for sure.

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-09-2012 at 18:37.
Old 24-09-2012, 18:39   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Attachment 25615
It looks like the ghost has observed etiquette and dressed for the occasion...!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 19:10   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Attachment 25615
Well it's obviously not a member of the family. So what you could do is ask if that is anyone who works there? But depends if you want to go to Mitton Hall and ask them, which could be humiliating, if you know what I mean. How long ago was the event etc? Or e-mail them the photo and ask if it's anyone they recognise at the hall.

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-09-2012 at 19:14.
Old 24-09-2012, 19:22   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Attachment 25615
Whats your take on it?
Old 24-09-2012, 20:17   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whats your take on it?
The ghostly figure is actually me. Just before the pic was taken the best man and myself where just talking to each other and we could both smell very sweet smelling wood smoke and when we asked the waiter if there were any wood fires burning he said no.
Old 24-09-2012, 20:49   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Attachment 25615
Couple of things to ask, was it film or digital, and what was the outcome for the pictures either side of this shot. Off the top of my head if it was film, its a double exposure.

Although, if you are saying you took the photo and are in the picture as well, then spooky.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 20:50   #11
Senior Member+

No Dave I didn't take the photo I dont know who did but it was a digital camera.
Old 24-09-2012, 20:57   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
No Dave I didn't take the photo I dont know who did but it was a digital camera.
Can't explain it then, as digital cameras have nothing to advance through the "gate" , the image is stored on internal memory or a card. the only question I can't answer is if the card if full what happens if you carry on taking pictures.
If all that is normal, then all I can assume is you have a transparent head, and no one has told you.
Old 24-09-2012, 20:59   #13
Senior Member+

I have been told by the missus " I can see right through you"
Old 24-09-2012, 21:02   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have been told by the missus " I can see right through you"
Sorted then, I think its time to get one of those balaclavas with the eye holes, yes I said eye holes, and a slit for the mouth
Old 24-09-2012, 21:11   #15
God Member

You mentioned the smell of woodsmoke when there wasn't any.

I once 'smelt' a ghost - I smelt roses when there were no flowers in the room and it wasn't any cosmetic perfume- I didn't know it was a ghost at the time I smelt it. The experience lasted just a few minutes.

It was such a lovely calming experience that I mentioned it the day after and was told 'That's our ghost'.

The location was a guest house (former old court house) at St Johns IOMan, directly opposite the Tynwald mound.

It was owned by my first husband's aunt and we were having a short holiday there. Their daughter was a doctor at a Belfast hospital, so she wasn't the sort to concoct fanciful tales. She explained that it was the old lady who had lived there in the past and loved the place.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..