Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stetrovers
  • 1 Post By stetrovers
  • 1 Post By maxthecollie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2015, 22:35   #1

Juliet Bravo on BBC4

I would like to take this opportunity to tell the good people of Accrington Web that Juliet Bravo is on BBC4 at 10.30 pm Monday night, i think 16 episodes are to be shown. For younger Webbers this was filmed around varoius parts of East Lancashire in the early 1980's. ENJOY
robert49399528 likes this.
Old 16-03-2015, 07:43   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Juliet Bravo on BBC4

They filmed some in Accy
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 08:33   #3

The preceding programme tonight also looks interesting. It's a history of women in the police service over the last 100 years.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 12:41   #4
Full Member+

Ha Ha. My husband and his pal were at work one day and happened to look out over the railway in Burnley and saw a man crouched down behind some railings and police obviously looking for him., Being good citizens they phoned Burnley police station to say they could see the man only to be told ' We re not looking for anyone there. Might be Padiham ring them.' They did and were told the same thing. They only found out later that it was filming of an episode of Juliet Bravo. We had a good laugh about that. We laughed even more when the episode was shown on tv as the police were actually looking for a large brown bear. Goodness knows what they would have done if they had seen that.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 22:07   #5

i'm thinking it might just be a one off because i tried to record it as a series but it will only record this one tonight...
wadey likes this.
Old 17-03-2015, 08:19   #6
Senior Member+

It wouldn't let me record it as a series. When I looked through the programme guide on my tv for next week it wasn't listed.
Old 17-03-2015, 16:07   #7

I think it was a one off, some great locations
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 16:42   #8
Senior Member+

I was driving through Bacup one day when they were filming and I was stopped on the main road by the police as they wanted silence whilst they were filming on the street up to the police station. When I asked if he was a real copper or an actor he said "Carry on and you'll find out"
wadey likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..