Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael1954

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2014, 13:19   #1
Senior Member+

Les Dennis in corrie

No,he's not going to play croppers new girlfriend, he'll be playing a petty criminal named Michael Rogers (paired with Gail).
https://uk.yahoo.com/tv/les-dennis-r...094600410.html

Do you think he'll do his Mavis impressions?
Didn't he have a stint in Brookside back in the 90s?

To be honest I don't really watch TV let alone the "soaps".

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2014, 13:46   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Les Dennis in corrie

You can tell that you don't watch this program. He has been in it for weeks now.
So this isn't news.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 14:18   #3

I saw Les Dennis some years ago in a show in Blackpool. He borrowed my glasses to perform one of his "comedy routines". He wasn't very good.
westendlass likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 14:24   #4

That reminds me: I've seen some crap acts over the years in Blackpool: Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Frank Carson, the stage versions of 'Allo 'Allo and Are You Being Served?

Last edited by Michael1954; 24-08-2014 at 14:29.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 14:47   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You can tell that you don't watch this program. He has been in it for weeks now.
So this isn't news.
I wasn't insinuating this is "news" M, personally, I don't think it'd be deemed 'news' even if he'd just started in corrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I saw Les Dennis some years ago in a show in Blackpool. He borrowed my glasses to perform one of his "comedy routines". He wasn't very good.That reminds me: I've seen some crap acts over the years in Blackpool: Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Frank Carson, the stage versions of 'Allo 'Allo and Are You Being Served?
I don't think he's annoyingly bad like some soap characters, but I do think corrie is scraping the barrel
I won't be watching his and Gail's relationship develop, it turns my stomach just thinking of them kissing (mind bleach please).

I've only ever seen Roy chubby brown at Blackpool in the 90s (something allsorts was the title) and that wasn't too clever either.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 19:58   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
That reminds me: I've seen some crap acts over the years in Blackpool: Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Frank Carson, the stage versions of 'Allo 'Allo and Are You Being Served?
Aw I loved Cannon and Ball!Granted, I was about 14 at the time I saw them.

As for Les Dennis, I didn't really know who he was until he appeared in Coronation St and everyone began talking about him, I've only just began to watch Coronation Street as well. So I'll crawl back under my rock.

His acting seems pretty wooden, is my only comment!
Old 30-08-2014, 20:14   #7
Senior Member+

Nice to see you back on Jen
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 20:19   #8

Thanks Max-I wasn't avoiding AW, I just get on line, come on here, realise how long since I last came on and then don't end up joining in!I need to reply to a few pms, I know.

Also I'm the lazy type and if I do come online I tend to spend all day sitting on my aristotle if I'm not careful
Old 01-09-2014, 14:38   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
Aw I loved Cannon and Ball!Granted, I was about 14 at the time I saw them.

As for Les Dennis, I didn't really know who he was until he appeared in Coronation St and everyone began talking about him, I've only just began to watch Coronation Street as well. So I'll crawl back under my rock.

His acting seems pretty wooden, is my only comment!
Here's a bit of goss Sunflower, sounds unbelievable I know but Les Dennis used to be married to Amanda Holden from the X Factor. I don't think she likes to advertise the fact though, lol. (Neither would I either).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..