Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2012, 21:52   #1

Line of Duty.

Just finished watching this and what a fantastic series, anyone else agree.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2012, 22:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Line of Duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Yep thoroughly enjoyed it could be more in the offing with the twist at the end
Old 24-07-2012, 23:42   #3
Junior Member+

Please see my post in thread thrilling dramas and get back to me with answers--- maybe I fell asleepandmissed some important developments!!!And what happened to that rotten little kid with the phones???I'm feeling a bit like I missed the point but the acting was superb!!! I know that---I found the sound quality poor as well--- but I don't hear well anyway so maybe that was the main problem!
Callaoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 03:39   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaoanne View Post
Please see my post in thread thrilling dramas and get back to me with answers--- maybe I fell asleepandmissed some important developments!!!And what happened to that rotten little kid with the phones???I'm feeling a bit like I missed the point but the acting was superb!!! I know that---I found the sound quality poor as well--- but I don't hear well anyway so maybe that was the main problem!
Mum is hard of hearing too, so we now watch all programmes with the subtitles switched on. I found it distracting at first, but I have got used to it.

Last edited by Michael1954; 25-07-2012 at 03:41.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 06:41   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh there were some really good cliff hangers as the series progressed but I agree the end as to why Tommy was taken on as an informer and thus let off for all the crimes he'd done seems vague to me also? It hinges on what the other bent copper said when he took Tommy in for a quiet word in that porta-cabin and said something about the Al qaeda, but what did that have to do with anything? Anyway Tommy was then let off. They repeat every episode I think over the weekend so you could watch the end again or on the BBC iplayer.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 06:54   #6
God Member

Quote:
Hi Mum! Nice to see you writing on here again.

Do you not have a USB port on the TV? You could use the speaker you have for the computer on it then!

Sounds like I've missed yet another good drama...@#**+°!!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 12:05   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Can you explain why Tommy was let off? What was said when Tommy was taken into the Portacabin with the other Bent Copper? I usually record things sometimes just in case I miss something, but didn't in this case!
Old 28-07-2012, 19:40   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Yep thoroughly enjoyed it could be more in the offing with the twist at the end
There is a follow up been comissioned - I think one of the Top brass cops is bent - the one who decided to go after the non-existent terrorists!
Old 28-07-2012, 23:23   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
There is a follow up been comissioned - I think one of the Top brass cops is bent - the one who decided to go after the non-existent terrorists!
Well yeh will be able to comment on the follow up,if yer bans over, Now who's the idiot?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..