Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 19:12   #1
Senior Member+

Morecambe and Wise

It's been fascinating watching the re-runs of the old Morecambe and Wise Christmas Specials on BBC2. To anyone like me over 45, they were as much a part of Christmas as the opening of the presents and Christmas dinner. The memories of my late parents came flooding back as I watched.

By today's standards, they probably seem quite corny, but of their time, they were unmissable. Pure gold.

And what a great film of their early life with Victoria Wood as Eric's mother.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2011, 20:54   #2

Re: Morecambe and Wise

I enjoyed it too
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 22:03   #3

They used the theatre at Bacup for some of the scenes and the pier at St Annes
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 22:11   #4

I enjoyed it too it was good to see once again
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:55   #5
Senior Member+

even for me I grew up watching the re-runs with my grandparents and I love it as much today as i did then. I still find myself in stitches and the film was brilliant. I wish some of these so-called modern comedians would take a leaf out of the classic comedy books they were sooooooo much funnier.
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
even for me I grew up watching the re-runs with my grandparents and I love it as much today as i did then. I still find myself in stitches and the film was brilliant. I wish some of these so-called modern comedians would take a leaf out of the classic comedy books they were sooooooo much funnier.
Totally agree about the new comedians, can't hold a candle to the old school
Old 03-01-2011, 16:18   #7
Junior Member+

I agree. I especially loved the drama shown recently - the actors chosen were just right especially the one who played Eric Morecambe - he must have studied him very well to get him down to a fine art.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 17:25   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
The foul-mouthed tripe that is posed as comedy by today's nonetities was truly shown up for the puerile, worthless tat that it is. All credit to Victoria Wood and Vic Reeves - lets hope that the powers that be make note of the production when awards are mooted next time around.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:09   #9
Senior Member+

I also enjoyed watching the drama, didnt see it right from the start but enjoyed what I did see! Agree with you Theresa that gut played a blinding part!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..