Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2011, 09:16   #1
Resting in Peace

No 1 Car Chase

If anyones interested Bullitt, with what has been called the best car chase in a film ever, staring Steve Mcqueen, is on the Alibi channel on Sky tonight at 9pm
Old 28-12-2011, 10:51   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: No 1 Car Chase

Doubt it, shall be watching the "Top Gear" team on their India special, starting at 20:00hrs on BBC 2.
Old 28-12-2011, 11:10   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Doubt it, shall be watching the "Top Gear" team on their India special, starting at 20:00hrs on BBC 2.
That maybe an have decent program with half decent presenters, sadly I would watch the crap with the three present incumbents on the show, wouldn't give any of them houseroom, sorry
Old 28-12-2011, 11:14   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Each to their own Jay, I enjoy the programme, the banter & antics & especially the 2 fingers raised against political correctness & god forbid offending some person, group, nationality etc, etc, makes me grin.
Old 28-12-2011, 12:58   #5
God Member

Quote:
Each to their own Jay, I enjoy the programme, the banter & antics & especially the 2 fingers raised against political correctness & god forbid offending some person, group, nationality etc, etc, makes me grin.
Even though it is really a "blokey" programme and I'm not that interested in cars, I quite enjoy parts of Top Gear -especially the challenges between Clarkson, James, Richard and the Stig.

I'm always rooting for James May to win -he's my favourite! (Such a Mr. Niceguy!)

Have seen Bullitt in the past - good film, but it will look so dated now, not much younger than me I think -will take you back to your hey-days no doubt Jay!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 17:46   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Even though it is really a "blokey" programme and I'm not that interested in cars, I quite enjoy parts of Top Gear -especially the challenges between Clarkson, James, Richard and the Stig.

I'm always rooting for James May to win -he's my favourite! (Such a Mr. Niceguy!)

Have seen Bullitt in the past - good film, but it will look so dated now, not much younger than me I think -will take you back to your hey-days no doubt Jay!
Ya back to my days of the open top Frog Eyed Sprite, burning rubber
Old 03-01-2012, 14:06   #7

Never seen the film if you want to see a really cool car chase try Tarantino's Death proof.
Ouber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 15:36   #8
JFT96

French Conection had a very cool chase.
Many years ago Jay, I was in San Fransisco I took the liberty of driving down that street! You have to queue to drive down and can only go slow, well to be fair a 1994 Chysler LeBaron is not all that cool! But I did manage to do some jumps in it!!

Ouber mate, Bullitt, is ONE the films you must see before you die, Steve McQueen was one of the coolest people in the world and has been imitated by many a film maker since.
I tried in a 2003 Red Mustang Convertable, I managed to get from the hire company cheaply, but did not pull it off.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 15:58   #9
God Member

Quote:
eat english muff ..lmao

suppose you have to watch it to know why that qualifies for lmao

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 17:31   #10
JFT96

Or The United Kingdom promotes, (Briti) sh. It for your company.
Pure class

Old 03-01-2012, 17:41   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Many years ago Jay, I was in San Fransisco I took the liberty of driving down that street! You have to queue to drive down and can only go slow, well to be fair a 1994 Chysler LeBaron is not all that cool! But I did manage to do some jumps in it!!

Ouber mate, Bullitt, is ONE the films you must see before you die, Steve McQueen was one of the coolest people in the world and has been imitated by many a film maker since.
I tried in a 2003 Red Mustang Convertable, I managed to get from the hire company cheaply, but did not pull it off.
McQueen was one of the best actors of his generation, can remember one of the first films I ever saw him in was The Blob, and who can forget Hilts the cooler king in TGE
Old 03-01-2012, 18:34   #12
JFT96

Not to mention Papillon, 'how do I look'....priceless

Old 03-01-2012, 18:48   #13

Quote:

If I ever see this movie Ill pick it up.
Ouber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 19:43   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
eat english muff ..lmao

suppose you have to watch it to know why that qualifies for lmao
Quote:
Or The United Kingdom promotes, (Briti) sh. It for your company.
Pure class

Aye the usual tomfoolery & offending the whingers plus the Mexicans got a passing mention again thoroughly enjoyed it, but not as good as some of their other specials, the American road trip springs to mind.

Would it surprise you to know some people were offended again !!

Jeremy Clarkson in row over Top Gear India special | Media | guardian.co.uk

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 03-01-2012 at 19:48.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 20:21   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just a little reminder

Top Gear: Alabama | MilkandCookies

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..