Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wynonie Harris

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2013, 20:16   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Panorama programme about getting folk back to work.

It was about how the companies set up to help long term and disabled back to work.
A very interesting prog' showing how the companies set up cherry picked the easier people to place in work so that they could get the bonuses.
Leaving the very people it was aimed to help yet again being ignored.
If you missed it worth watching on catch up on BBC1.
However, before c'mon hijacks the thread and turns it into an Anti-Tory rant, I'd just like to say I agree and no doubt the many disabled jobseekers themselves also agree with the principle of getting back to work, but not with the way most of the companies that gained the contract treat people.
For these people the money seems to be the thing not assisting people.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2013, 21:04   #2

Re: Panorama programme about getting folk back to work.

Disgraceful but not surprising Less. When targets equate with cash bonuses, corners are cut and the bonus becomes the focus ather than doing the job right. Public sector, private sector it's all the same. Greed seems to be THE main motivating factor in most walks of life, but then again wasn't it always like that?
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 21:15   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Watched it tonight, its hardly surprising though given whose idea it was.
Old 28-01-2013, 23:11   #4
God Member

been telling you for years about these companies, billions wasted.these are private equity companies for profit ripping off the tax payer.
Old 29-01-2013, 00:18   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
However, before c'mon hijacks the thread and turns it into an Anti-Tory rant
Too late!
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 29-01-2013, 08:00   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Too late!
Not really,he said fer years!!! as i recall Labour was in years ago?
Old 29-01-2013, 11:17   #7
God Member

in this program it highlighted how these companies that are supposed to help the sick and dissabled refer to them as L.T.B's which stands for Lying Theiving Bastards

thats like been a nurse and refering to everyone in the hospital as scummy hypechondriacs

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 13:16   #8
Senior Member+

Disappointing to see what's happening.

Question- if they put the disabled on the 'Park' list they don't get any more money.
But does being on this list mean the disabled get less benefits, so the Government gains anyway?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 14:12   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Disappointing to see what's happening.

Question- if they put the disabled on the 'Park' list they don't get any more money.
But does being on this list mean the disabled get less benefits, so the Government gains anyway?
I think you misunderstand, putting someone on park, basically means, we will invest no more time or money in this person, but we still have them on the books.
The person, because that is what he/she is, doesn't have their benefit removed, just their hopes dashed.
Must be their own fault, they are obviously refusing to be part of the bigger picture, you know the one...

We're all in it together!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 14:47   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think you misunderstand, putting someone on park, basically means, we will invest no more time or money in this person, but we still have them on the books.
The person, because that is what he/she is, doesn't have their benefit removed, just their hopes dashed.
]
Sorry, Less, Badly worded sentence. I meant the company doesn't get any more money because they've 'parked' the disabled person.
I just wondered if the benefits to the individual changed, if as you say they don't that's fair enough. I wondered if it was a sneaky way to cut benefits.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 15:04   #11
God Member

basically if it costs one of these companies £500 to get somone into work but the government is only giving them £400 for that person then that person is a loss and not to be helped as long as there are people who will only cost the company £100 to get back into work.

figures are just examples not actually what these agencies get but i can assure you they can get up to near £10,0000 per person they get back into work by the time the 3 bonus levels for that person have been paid out which is money that could be spent on providing equiptment for the disabled to lead normal lives

government has merely relocated money from the sick and disabled into the pockets of these companies but thats not as abhorant to the public as a person in a wheelchair getting a ramp fitted to their home and £100 a week to live on because the sick have been targeted and vilified where as greedy buisnessmen are still acceptable.

just a quick note

these people that endure their disability and progress in teh work place dont get any bonus for their hard work the only people who get hundreds and in some cases thousands of pounds are the agencies so they basically get paid for doing nothing but sit back and watch teh dissabled person earn them their bonus.If a disabled person stays in employment for 3 years the company gets over £6500 ontop of teh previous 2 bonus levels the disabled person has earned them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 29-01-2013 at 15:08.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..