Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57   #1
Resting in Peace

Planet Earth Live

Planet Earth Live starts on Sunday night on BBC1 at 7-50pm, looks like being a very interesting program
Old 04-05-2012, 20:27   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Planet Earth Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Planet Earth Live starts on Sunday night on BBC1 at 7-50pm, looks like being a very interesting program
Haven't we seen it all before now really? Did you see Earthflight earlier this year all about birds all over the world, they had trained up young birds with camera's attached to them and sent them up with these camera's attached. Also had remote controlled fake birds to get close to wild birds etc - some amazing images.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 23:57   #3
Senior Member+

who is we, you and jaysay i certainly haven't seen it all

Thats a pretty cool idea putting cameras on animals. Seen similar stuff on another program. Just hope they dont start doing it whilst on live cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Haven't we seen it all before now really? Did you see Earthflight earlier this year all about birds all over the world, they had trained up young birds with camera's attached to them and sent them up with these camera's attached. Also had remote controlled fake birds to get close to wild birds etc - some amazing images.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:06   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

That's a pretty cool idea putting cameras on animals. Seen similar stuff on another program. Just hope they dont start doing it whilst on live cam
There was a prog on Channel four last night, about Urban Foxes, with live feed to a studio, mist most of the first program but caught the follow up on more 4, its on again tonight
Old 08-05-2012, 10:58   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Thats a pretty cool idea putting cameras on animals. Seen similar stuff on another program. Just hope they dont start doing it whilst on live cam
Yeh we've seen a lot of Lions chasing animals and killing them, which was on this program. There was some pin-sharp film of really cute bear cubs and whales and so on - I meant a lot of it's been shown in other programs over the years.

A guy brought up some geese from egg stage and when they grew up, he could fly in a micro light with them and film them and so on. Did you know that ducks or geese think the first thing they see when they hatch is their mother - that can be a dog or a person - and from then on they will follow them around.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:36   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Did you know that ducks or geese think the first thing they see when they hatch is their mother - that can be a dog or a person - and from then on they will follow them around.
Yes, I did know and so did everyone else, after all just like you, we've seen it all before.
That doesn't mean it won't be interesting watching it from a different angle and with state of the art equipment.

I'll be watching it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 13:19   #7
God Member

Love all of David Attenborough's work, he's had the most amazing life and career -quite a hero of mine. Does he have anything to do with this new series?

Was trawling youtube looking for a spoof documentary i remember seeing in the 80's (think it might have been The Goodies) where they were observing mating Attenborough's -hillarious but i can't find it.

Found this instead which is a very good impersonation of his voice and style -shame the guy didn't wear the classic beige pants and blue shirt though...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 16:00   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, I did know and so did everyone else, after all just like you, we've seen it all before.
That doesn't mean it won't be interesting watching it from a different angle and with state of the art equipment.

I'll be watching it.
Forget the attitude pal! I wasn't talking to you I was talking with Restless. I was just relaying a bit of information so no need to get on the high horse! Like you often do....

Last edited by kestrelx; 08-05-2012 at 16:04.
Old 08-05-2012, 16:27   #9

Quote:
Forget the attitude pal! I wasn't talking to you I was talking with Restless. I was just relaying a bit of information so no need to get on the high horse! Like you often do....
No High horse, nor am I your Pal, you were talking on the internet, everyone see's it everyone can answer.
The P.M. system exists so that you can just talk to Restless, post it on site, I'll reply, if I wish to.

Anytime you wish a really good talking to, use the P.M. system with my name.

Otherwise...

take yourself elsewhere.

Last edited by Less; 08-05-2012 at 16:36.
Old 08-05-2012, 17:23   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:

I'll be watching it.
You say "I did know and so did everyone else!" For a start they probably didn't know! You are a big head and you have also made such useless comments at other threads namely the "George Orwell" related post I made! when you started saying I didn't know what I was talking about with no other information - basically just as a wind up - you then refuse to make any further decent posts on the subject, so you are basically stirring up trouble. So effectively you are a big mouth who likes to critisize other people and think you know it all. Idiot!
Old 08-05-2012, 17:30   #11

Blimey! This started out as a pleasant thread about a forthcoming TV programme.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:37   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:

I'll be watching it.
Ya Less me too
Old 08-05-2012, 17:50   #13

Quote:
You say "I did know and so did everyone else!" For a start they probably didn't know! You are a big head and you have also made such useless comments at other threads namely the "George Orwell" related post I made! when you started saying I didn't know what I was talking about with no other information - basically just as a wind up - you then refuse to make any further decent posts on the subject, so you are basically stirring up trouble. So effectively you are a big mouth who likes to critisize other people and think you know it all. Idiot!
I take it by this, pile of phlegm, I've upset you in some way?

Please allow my to waste some more time on you.

Quote:
You say "I did know and so did everyone else!" For a start they probably didn't know!
I said that because it IS common knowledge.

Quote:
You are a big head and you have also made such useless comments at other threads
How very true, compared to you, I am, a big head, useless comments? may I point you towards this:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...archid=2602754

Quote:
you have also made such useless comments at other threads namely the "George Orwell" related post I made!
There have been many posts I have made, to some useless to others...
So far as useless comments, yours seem to loom so loud, please remind me, which useless comment did you make about George Orwell?

Quote:
when you started saying I didn't know what I was talking about with no other information
Hang on, yes I remember now, I have said you don't know what you are talking about, but then, so have so many others, why pick on me?

Quote:
you then refuse to make any further decent posts on the subject,
Please allow me to correct you, I made no further comment because it is useless trying to correct you, so I chose not to be involved, (freedom of speech, you know you use it).

Quote:
so you are basically stirring up trouble.
Strange as it may seem, no, just trying to shut you up. (Obviously I've failed).

Quote:
So effectively you are a big mouth who likes to critisize other people and think you know it all.
I love to critisize you and any others that use this site in such a low fashion. Occasionally I do give out praise, (dig deep there are a few posts in my history if you care to look).

Quote:
Idiot!
Why do you confuse me with a mirror?

Last edited by Less; 08-05-2012 at 18:00.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:36   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Less me too
Sorry Jay for the rubbish on your thread, I'll still be watching the programme though.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:56   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Sorry Jay for the rubbish on your thread, I'll still be watching the programme though.
Na you carry on Less, I agreed with every word, and I too will be watching

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..