Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2012, 19:48   #1

Planet Earth Live

I'm just watching Planet Earth Live. It's a brilliant programme but I can't help thinking the BBC are dumbing down using Richard Hammond to present it rather than someone like David Attenborough. Hammond just comes across as very childish
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2012, 21:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Planet Earth Live

Not wishing to be a bit picky, but didn't you start your career here by quoting Viz, a comic.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 00:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
I'm just watching Planet Earth Live. It's a brilliant programme but I can't help thinking the BBC are dumbing down using Richard Hammond to present it rather than someone like David Attenborough. Hammond just comes across as very childish
Hammond is as tall as a child. To be honest David Attenborough is TV legend but at 86 should be taking a back seat. I've not seen Simon King recently. He would have been better.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 00:31   #4
God Member

Sheesh ... and I thought someone had finally stuck a webcam on the space station
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 06:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Not wishing to be a bit picky, but didn't you start your career here by quoting Viz, a comic.
No Dave I didn't quote Viz - I said it was a quote for the Viz generation. I just think the fantastic camera work and production would be better served by someone other than the odious prat Hammond
Old 21-05-2012, 08:17   #6
Resting In Peace

This is confusing. We already have a thread devoted to this subject.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ive-61405.html
Old 21-05-2012, 09:06   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
This is confusing. We already have a thread devoted to this subject.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ive-61405.html

Not quite, the other thread wasn't started just to bitch about Richard Hammond.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 16:50   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not quite, the other thread wasn't started just to bitch about Richard Hammond.
Correct Less. I should have given it the title Richard Hammond instead to avoid any confusion.
Old 25-05-2012, 15:12   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
Correct Less. I should have given it the title Richard Hammond instead to avoid any confusion.
Is that Hammy? How many folks who watch this program go out looking at wildlife in their local area?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 18:55   #10

Richard Hammond and his two public schoolboy cronies from Top Gear annoy me so much they turn me violent - little boys with issues who haven't grown up and are being paid well for the privilege of staying that way - I detest the three of them and completely object to the licence fee going to pay them. I feel a bit better after that rant!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 19:31   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Richard Hammond and his two public schoolboy cronies from Top Gear annoy me so much they turn me violent
Whereas I, on the other hand find them quite amusing & more so when they are totally irreverent to all & sundry, crossing boundaries & giving PC a swift kick in the Jacksey ! Bring it on says I, we definitely need more of it !
Old 25-05-2012, 19:50   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Whereas I, on the other hand find them quite amusing & more so when they are totally irreverent to all & sundry, crossing boundaries & giving PC a swift kick in the Jacksey ! Bring it on says I, we definitely need more of it !
Yes Dave I agree with what you are saying but just not from these three idiots who come across to me as upper middle class fools who are completely up their own bums and haven't moved on from their all boy gung ho boarding school backgrounds! Although in all fairness I can tolerate the other two more than Jeremy Clarkson who I couldn't hear a good word about even if he'd been caring for sick orphans and animals!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 20:37   #13

I think Clarkson and May are funny. It's the little prat Hammond who I would put down
Old 26-05-2012, 08:24   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
How many folks who watch this program go out looking at wildlife in their local area?
I wonder how many people that watched Fred Dibner, went out locally knocking down chimneys and restoring traction engines?

Surely a person doesn't have to do everything that they enjoy watching on television?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 08:46   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I wonder how many people that watched Fred Dibner, went out locally knocking down chimneys and restoring traction engines?

Surely a person doesn't have to do everything that they enjoy watching on television?
Some of us can't do anything we like watching on telly Less

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..