Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2018, 22:29   #1

Thumbs up Should we change history for political correctness

Heres a thought. Well known film director wants to remake The Dambusters. With CGI he believes he can really do justice to the story of brave men a great aircraft an amazing scientist and a wonder weapon. Trouble is it wont be going anywhere as the PC brigade insist one of the code names which relates to Guy Gibsons dog be changed. So do we change history for the sake of political correctness or tell it like it was after all that's history
Old 10-02-2018, 06:45   #2

Re: Should we change history for political correctness

Don't change history...tell it as it WAS
monkey hanger likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:30   #3

In one of the Die Hard films, Bruce Willis's character had to stand in Harlem with a sign around his head which said: "I hate ni**ers". As far as I know, there were no complaints about that, so I don't see why there would be complaints that Guy Gibson's dog was called Ni**ger. It should also be noted that whenever the original Dambusters is shown on TV, the name is not censored. Having said all that, I felt compelled to self-censor this post.

Last edited by Michael1954; 10-02-2018 at 07:35.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:26   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

"Hey Joe" Seems we've been down this road before

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tas-67995.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ech-66111.html

And the overwhelming consensus is a big fat "No thank you!"
Old 10-02-2018, 09:35   #5
Beacon of light

Yes, we have, but it is still a current theme...there are still efforts to try and 'sanitise' past events.
This can never be acceptable.
The changes in attitudes today are maybe, in some respect, because of how we have reflected on what we did in the past.
Societies change and evolve...and if we are unwilling to accept what we now see as past mistakes, then we are certainly sure to repeat them.
Plus... a post is a post and it stimulates interest...we can revisit our own opinions...they too might have changed(but mine have not).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 21:09   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
.we can revisit our own opinions...they too might have changed(but mine have not).
Mine neither, as far as I'm concerned upsetting snowflakes & whiny leftists is fun & all part of life's rich tapestry, if trhey don't like it ... well that's their concern & not mine!.
Old 10-02-2018, 21:30   #7
Full Member+

The dog was a black labrador and I would imagine when Guy Gibson named it he would not have thought the name would upset anyone. He seemed from what I have read of him to be a decent man and I would have thought that the thoughts of the PC brigade never entered his head. They have to twist everything now. Even nursery rhymes have had their words altered by these daft folk and Noddy books banned because he lived with Big ears in the stories. Absolutely bonkers. History is history and it cannot be changed just because it might upset a few.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 21:31   #8
I am Banned

Smile Re: Should we change history for political correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Mine neither, as far as I'm concerned upsetting snowflakes & whiny leftists is fun & all part of life's rich tapestry, if trhey don't like it ... well that's their concern & not mine!.
Well said Dave.
I enjoy upsetting them snowflakes an whingers, and they can cry, moan, threaten or what ever else floats their boat, but History once written cannot be undone.
Trying to educate them idiots an make them see sense, is as futile as trying to grow teets on kippers.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-02-2018 at 21:35.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 21:51   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Noddy books banned because he lived with Big ears in the stories.
Don't think so, the leftists & sjw wankerrati love it as it panders to their warped narritive of "happy homo's" living the dream, what really grabbed their goatee was the Golliwogs being deemed as such jolly little Scallywags, always upto mischief & naughtiness! It's obviously blatant wicked racism to depict these sun kissed chappies as such utter cads & bounders.

And as such Enid "Gruppen fuhrer" Blyton should be taken out & thrashed unmercifully to within an inch of her miserable life for her wickedness & her literature expunged from the world. All this to to stop the Wankerrati being triggered & constantly wetting themselves with outrage!
Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-02-2018, 14:06   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
Heres a t:gooddog So do we change history for the sake of political correctness or tell it like it was after all that's history
next thing is a complete re write of all history where the germans actually won 2 world wars [no sorry you cannot have winners and loosers i mean they drew them] fear they get upset. plenty over the years have had dogs called blackie or nigger and they have not had a racist bone in their bodies. know an ex bury footballer who was black and his landlady had a dog called blackie and he never gave it a second thought unlike monkey chants.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 19:22   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
next thing is a complete re write of all history
That's exactly what the whiny lefty wankeratti want! The realignment of British history to suit their preferred narrative, British & British Empire = Bad, while anything else, especially if it suits their agenda is most definitely good.

These pathetic libtard idiots really don't get it at all. Still, they may just one day wake up from their warped, dystopian fantasy wet dream & realise the actual realities of life!
Old 14-02-2018, 13:47   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That's exactly what the whiny lefty wankeratti want! The realignment of British history to suit their preferred narrative, British & British Empire = Bad, while anything else, especially if it suits their agenda is most definitely good.

These pathetic libtard idiots really don't get it at all. Still, they may just one day wake up from their warped, dystopian fantasy wet dream & realise the actual realities of life!
Theres one thing some of these wankerera and their cohorts like to forget, is that when our early British ancestors were in the slave trade, none of them would be alive to today living the life of Riley, if it were for the British Empire builders, their ancestors would likely have died in many of Chakas wars on other tribes, or living in abject poverty in Africa, as many are shown to be on tele. So instead of berating us, they should be thanking us on bended knee, their GGG Grandad may have been worked to death on the plantations, but so were a lot of the so called white trash.

Last edited by Retlaw; 14-02-2018 at 13:51.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 16:51   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
if it were for the British Empire builders, their ancestors would likely have died in many of Chakas wars on other tribes, or living in abject poverty in Africa, as many are shown to be on tele.
Quite agree with you Walter, but the liberal leftists really don't want this "Uncomfortable truth" to ruin their warped world view so it's quietly & conveniently forgotten, or more likely blatantly ignored!
Old 14-02-2018, 22:59   #14
Senior Member+

Didn't the US give the freed slaves a country - Liberia, where the called the capital Monrovia after President Monroe. Subsidised them until they realised that there were not that many takers and corruption raised it's head there as in all African countries once the colonists have handed back power.
Old 15-02-2018, 04:52   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Didn't the US give the freed slaves a country - Liberia, where the called the capital Monrovia after President Monroe. Subsidised them until they realised that there were not that many takers and corruption raised it's head there as in all African countries once the colonists have handed back power.
Oh look, more "inconvenient truth", the leftists liberal bedwetters don't like & won't mention .... can't for the life of me think why.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..