Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35   #1
God Member

Through the Keyhole

Who, in their right mind, would want to be any part of this TV programme which is the corniest, cringeworthy manifestation of vulgarity that I have ever seen on TV. I don't watch TV often - maybe this is the norm nowadays.

David Frost and Lloyd Grossman did have irritating quirks but last night's new version of Through the Keyhole became unwatchable after a very short time.

I survived the garish intro, thinking 'they have used the Jeremy Kyle audience for this one' - normal people couldn't get so enthusiastic about the ostentatious set with gaudy lighting effects. Then the 'presenter' appeared - who is he anyway? - never heard of him ! - now wish I hadn't. I stuck with it until the 'reveal' of the first home owner - another nonentity I have never heard of.

Saturday night TV sucks - come back Noel Edmunds House Party - that was mundane but didn't induce nausea like this one did.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39   #2
Senior Member+

re: Through the Keyhole

Cannot stand the presenter of this programme . Keith Lemon is irrating
shillelagh and Alan Varrechia like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:48   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Saturday night TV sucks - come back Noel Edmunds House Party - that was mundane but didn't induce nausea like this one did.
I was with you all the way until you mentioned the appalling Noel Edmonds.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:59   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I was with you all the way until you mentioned the appalling Noel Edmonds.
I suppose that, by comparison, Noel Edmonds at least looked civilised

It takes someone really bad to make Edmonds look good.

Last edited by MargaretR; 01-09-2013 at 08:01.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02   #5
God Member

The presenter is merely a persona, the bloke who 'plays' Keith Lemon is called Leigh Francis and he is supposed to be irritating, that's his job...we have had the likes of him before, Alan Partridge, Lily Savage etc, to be honest I think Leigh is a clever bloke and great at his job, he has done many different characters over the years, he must be good to keep up the persona like he does
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Cannot stand the presenter of this programme . Keith Lemon is irrating
Your lucky Frank I don't even know him I have to say don't know the real person either Shaz
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26   #7
God Member

I've searched and found three reviews - two seem to like it.

Maybe generations later than mine have stronger stomachs, and a different sense of humour.

Through the Keyhole review - Time Out London

TV review: Through the Keyhole: Who would work in a suit like this? - Reviews - TV & Radio - The Independent

Whatever you do, don't peer Through The Keyhole | Television & radio | The Guardian

Old 01-09-2013, 08:27   #8

Thought it was quite funny really and the first person was part of the GB Gymnastics Team that won Bronze in London after thinking they had Silver until an appeal by Japan which was some achievement.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46   #9
Beacon of light

Shaz......I know the Keith Lemon thing is a persona, and it might be clever(after all he is being paid large sums of money to keep up the 'persona') but I hate him......cannot abide his face, his voice, his bandaged mitt.......his mannerisms make me cringe.
If he comes on the TV while I am in the room....I leave until he is gone.
Himself and my Ma think he is very funny.......I just think he is crude and vulgar and plays to the lowest common (very common) denominator.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like a snob, because I'm not.....maybe a bit of a prude...but not a snob.

I will never watch anything that has him in it. I'd rather shove live wasps up my nose!
Mick, cashman, shillelagh and 6 others like this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:53   #10
God Member

lol, each to their own Marg, you did mention a while ago that you didn't like him, I certainly don't think you're a snob, just someone who doesn't like something,a lot of people like Lee Evans, I don't, its just one of those things ;-)
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03   #11
Beacon of light

Thanks Shaz.......I don't like Lee Evans either.
Wasn't keen on Alan Partridge( he creeps me out) but he doesn't provoke the intense feelings that Keith Lemon does. I didn't mind Lily Savage....but didn't find him that funny.
I think that as I have got older my funny bone has become dislocated.....I certainly can't laugh at some of the things I might have found funny when I was younger......especially where the 'joke' is cruel and pokes fun at disability.

You are right, it is 'one of those things'.
flashy and BERNADETTE like this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:19   #12
Senior Member+

Re: Through the Keyhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Shaz......I know the Keith Lemon thing is a persona, and it might be clever(after all he is being paid large sums of money to keep up the 'persona') but I hate him......cannot abide his face, his voice, his bandaged mitt.......his mannerisms make me cringe.
If he comes on the TV while I am in the room....I leave until he is gone.
Himself and my Ma think he is very funny.......I just think he is crude and vulgar and plays to the lowest common (very common) denominator.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like a snob, because I'm not.....maybe a bit of a prude...but not a snob.

I will never watch anything that has him in it. I'd rather shove live wasps up my nose!
Here Here well said.
shillelagh likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 21:57   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Who, in their right mind, would want to be any part of this TV programme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hicks
I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.
Leigh Francis. Keith Lemmon is crap. Your movie is crap. End of story.....
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 14:17   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well watched it last night, to see what the fuss was about, First n last time, grossman was irritating, but i could tolerate him, this Lemon is exactly the correct name fer a sour prick.about as funny as a fart in a spacesuit.
Old 08-09-2013, 16:13   #15
Full Member+

I must admit,try as I might,I find Keith Lemon as funny as when the dog fanged my thumb. I wanted to kick him up the arse too!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..