Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2012, 08:27   #1
Senior Member+

Tony Scott's death

I've been told that Tony Scott has just died in America . I thought he had died some years ago. I always think about him and his 'brother' when eating a Curly Wurly or when I see June Whitfield on TV, or see any reference to the Carry On films.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2012, 08:32   #2
God Member

Re: Tony Scott's death

it was suicide
Old 20-08-2012, 08:37   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I've been told that Tony Scott has just died in America . I thought he had died some years ago. I always think about him and his 'brother' when eating a Curly Wurly or when I see June Whitfield on TV, or see any reference to the Carry On films.
I think you are confusing him with Terry Scott

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 08:59   #4
Senior Member+

Well done M. This proves that you are more with it than Flashy, who failed to spot the point I was making. I happen to know that Jaysay failed as well. Nowt wrong with your grey matter
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:11   #5
God Member

Quote:
Well done M. This proves that you are more with it than Flashy, who failed to spot the point I was making. I happen to know that Jaysay failed as well. Nowt wrong with your grey matter
Come off it Bob - your memory is failing you - admit it.

It is just old age - live it gracefully.

Old 20-08-2012, 09:19   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Come off it Bob - your memory is failing you - admit it.

It is just old age - live it gracefully.
Or disgracefully as i do.
Old 20-08-2012, 09:29   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No Jaysay didn't fail he just thought you were off your trolly
Old 20-08-2012, 09:35   #8
God Member

Tony Scott DID commit suicide, i haven't a clue who Terry Scott is....so i didn't fail with anything
Old 20-08-2012, 09:36   #9
God Member

Maybe Mr Dobson is just trying to cover his tracks by saying everyone else failed when infact it was HIM who failed
Old 20-08-2012, 09:58   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I always think about him and his 'brother' when eating a Curly Wurly or when I see June Whitfield on TV, or see any reference to the Carry On films.
Funny though that Tony really does have a brother - Ridley, director of Alien and Blade Runner fame.
Old 20-08-2012, 10:07   #11
God Member

For those who are too young to remember Terry Scott -

Old 20-08-2012, 10:10   #12
God Member

thankyou Margaret
Old 20-08-2012, 18:14   #13

Tony Scott was an American film maker. Terry Scott was an English actor and comedian who died in 1994 - he appeared in some Carry On films, the sitcom Terry and June, the Cadbury's Curly Wurly advert dressed as a schoolboy and he also brought out a song called 'My Brother' which I seem to remember was played a lot on Junior Choice on the radio.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 18:40   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Tony Scott was an American film maker. Terry Scott was an English actor and comedian who died in 1994 - he appeared in some Carry On films, the sitcom Terry and June, the Cadbury's Curly Wurly advert dressed as a schoolboy and he also brought out a song called 'My Brother' which I seem to remember was played a lot on Junior Choice on the radio.
Sorry Anne Tony Scott was British, born in North Shields, and his brother Ridley was born on the other side of the river in South Shields. They were brought up on Teeside.
Old 20-08-2012, 19:08   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Sorry Anne Tony Scott was British, born in North Shields, and his brother Ridley was born on the other side of the river in South Shields. They were brought up on Teeside.
That is 100% correct.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..