Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2015, 23:59   #1

TV Announcers

I've been watching a recording of Sunday night's Sound Of Music Live. How come when a programme is concluding, and they are running the end credits, a TV announcer has to rabbit on about forthcoming programmes? This happens on too many occasions so that you can't hear the end music. They also compressed the picture so that I couldn't read half of the credits. Grr! Rant over!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2015, 00:16   #2
Senior Member+

Re: TV Announcers

It annoys me on sports programmes when the sound technicians have the crowd sounds louder than the commentators. I have also noticed that the commentators no longer use the lip microphones where the microphones were at a fixed point in front of the commentators lips and directional so they didn't pick up extraneous sound.
Old 22-12-2015, 06:25   #3
God Member

Some TV announcers and presenters have ear grinding voices.
I much prefer radio - where presenters are chosen for voice quality, not looks.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2015, 13:41   #4
Full Member+

Well some radio commentators drive me mad. Radio Lancashire has one who commentates on football but instead of telling us what is going on on the pitch he talks with a colleague about anything but. I have complained several times but he is still on every Saturday. And talking of credits, how many times have you watched something and wanted to know who the actor was and then the credits go up the screen at a rate of knots so there is no earthly chance of reading them.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 08:24   #5

The commentator aside, I really enjoyed the SOM production - it was good to see something redone like this.

And for something to drag me away from my computer it must be good lol
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..