Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 07:13   #1
Senior Member+

Unwatchable Personalities.

Are there any 'personalities' on TV who get on your nerves so much that you have to switch off the TV or leave the room, therefore rendering any programme they appear on totally unwatchable?

For me its Ant and Dec (no idea which is which, and frankly I don't care) Jeremy Clarkson and the two idiots who he has by his side, and Alan Sugar.......

..oh and that ex sidekick of Alan Sugar who has now made Countdown a complete no-no of a programme to watch. Bring back Jeff Stelling!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2012, 07:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Unwatchable Personalities.

The Apprentice's Margaret Mountford to reunite with Nick Hewer on Countdown | Metro.co.uk

....but then again, I seem to be in a minority
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36   #3
Beacon of light

Keith Lemon....cannot stand him....he makes my flesh creep.
Jeremy Clarkson too....there must be others too, but they aren't springing into my mind right now.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:51   #4
Senior Member+

Can't be doing with Graham Norton , Jonathan Ross and Paxman only on university challenge, but quite like him when he is giving politicos what for , seeing them squirm makes me laugh.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55   #5
Resting in Peace

Clarkson is an utter and complete clown, can't stand the man, Didn't even know Alan Sugar was now on countdown gave over watching it after Richard Whitely died and Carol Vorderman went too, if Sugar hosts it now won't be back anytime soon.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sorry folks, (probably get slated for this) but can't agree with you on Clarkson, he's blunt, obnoxious, always good for controversy & raising hackles & that amuses me as the howls & yammers of the indignant & offended make me grin, most of the yammerers are sanctimonious, so far up themselves arris'oles.

Plain speaking nowadays is constantly under threat & when someone speaks their mind (and if we're honest, it's also the view of quite a lot of other people, but those others daren't or are to scared to air their views for fear of being branded some kind of "ist") the false outrage is hypocritical to say the least.

If you're talking unwatchable, let's look at Politicos of any denomination you care to mention, self serving, lying, deceitful ....... need I continue ?
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07   #7

Cannot stand Norton or Ross
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07   #8
God Member

I have a 'thing' about the several young female presenters who have been chosen for their looks and how they sound wasn't considered.

Too many of them screech and I just have to switch off.

I choose not to find out their names. No doubt some of you regard them as 'celebrities'. I prefer to pretend they don't exist.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08   #9
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Can't be doing with Graham Norton , Jonathan Ross and Paxman only on university challenge, but quite like him when he is giving politicos what for , seeing them squirm makes me laugh.
All of those too....and add Adrian Chiles and Chrisitne Bleakley to the list as well.

Son, I understand what you are saying and I defend your right to say it, but I have to disagree with you about Jeremy Clarkson......he isn't just blunt......I could cope with that. He is arrogant, opinionated, egocentric, and gives the impression that no-one else should have an opinion on anything.
That is how I see it anyway. Can't be doing with him. When he was born they should have kept the afterbirth and thrown him away.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:12   #10
JFT96

With you there Dave, in a world full of the PC brigade it's nice to have someone who speaks a bit of common sense, I also find James May pretty old as well.

Now if we could just get shut of those fools in parliament and Merkel and Sarkozy (but not his wife!) the world would be a better place

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
With you there Dave, in a world full of the PC brigade it's nice to have someone who speaks a bit of common sense, I also find James May pretty old as well.

Now if we could just get shut of those fools in parliament and Merkel and Sarkozy (but not his wife!) the world would be a better place
Ya you can't fault Sarkozy's choice in Women BG, but on the other hand don't think much of her choice in Men
Old 11-03-2012, 10:24   #12

The people who make me shudder and I really can't stand to look at are Keith Lemon and Lady Gaga, and from a different era but for as long as I can remember Charlie Drake - I can't even stand to say his name, I'm cringing at the thought of him as I write this!
I dislike Jeremy Clarkson and the other two idiots, John Cleese makes me want to slap him, Lee Evans and anything slapstick, Gordon Ramsay annoys me, the list goes on!!!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Son, I understand what you are saying and I defend your right to say it, but I have to disagree with you about Jeremy Clarkson.....

That is how I see it anyway. Can't be doing with him.
That's fine Ma, we can disagree but still stay friendly & cordial. I also defend your right to your opinions, I even wore a uniform at one point to allow you & others that right to have your say & defend the British way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

With you all the way Brother.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:26   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Clarkson is an utter and complete clown, can't stand the man, Didn't even know Alan Sugar was now on countdown gave over watching it after Richard Whitely died and Carol Vorderman went too, if Sugar hosts it now won't be back anytime soon.
It's not Alan Sugar who does Countdown, but the bloke he had by his side on The Apprentice.

His condescending attitude makes my flesh creep.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:42   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
It's not Alan Sugar who does Countdown, but the bloke he had by his side on The Apprentice.

His condescending attitude makes my flesh creep.
I miss understood you gynn, I did think it funny though but as I said I just don't watch it now so didn't really know one way or the other

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..