Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51   #1
Resting in Peace

Wallander

Anybody watch the new series of Wallander on BBC1 last night, adapted from novels by Swedish writer Henning Mankell, Kurt Wallander is played by Kenneth Branagh and set in Sweden, watched the first series think is one of those you like or dislike, very dark especially the character Branagh plays, I'm one of those who like it
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04   #2
God Member

Re: Wallander

I loved the firsy series and thought KB was brilliant in the role. Great plots, fab locations -very original. Can't wait to see this new series when it comes out over here on SKY!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 13:41   #3

Not my sort of programme.The wife was watching it and I tried to follow if for a while, but it was too dark for me and the plot was too convoluted for my simple tastes.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 17:52   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Not my sort of programme.The wife was watching it and I tried to follow if for a while, but it was too dark for me and the plot was too convoluted for my simple tastes.
Ya Jim its a lot deeper plot than down at Ewood, they're just simple
Old 25-07-2012, 21:52   #5
Junior Member+

I watched the Wallender series and was pretty impressed with the characterisation, SIR Kenneth Branagh is a damned good understated actor, totally believable as a cracking up copper who has his job getting at him and unable to maintain a relationship with women or his daughter succesfully so I reckon its a bit more intelligent cop series than usual. Bleak landscapes which translate well to english and scandinavian locales so I enjoyed it.
Callaoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 20:34   #6

I don't like this series, I also didn't like the film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo even though the story was very good, from what I've seen Sweden and Scandinavia in general appears to be a cold, depressing, stark and godforsaken place and I can't cope with the location, perhaps if it was set in the Med I'd like it more - I know, I'm shallow! I've just bought the book The Talented Mr. Ripley which is set in idyllic surroundings and is one of my favourite films, I'm looking forward to reading it.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 09:16   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I don't like this series, I also didn't like the film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo even though the story was very good, from what I've seen Sweden and Scandinavia in general appears to be a cold, depressing, stark and godforsaken place and I can't cope with the location, perhaps if it was set in the Med I'd like it more - I know, I'm shallow! I've just bought the book The Talented Mr. Ripley which is set in idyllic surroundings and is one of my favourite films, I'm looking forward to reading it.
Each to his/her own Anne

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..